What Car do you drive?

2005 Toyota Prius (avg 57 MPG) with:
- XM radio
- Dice iPod Integration Unit
- Full Dynamat Extreme insulation
- Huper Optik Ceramic Tint
- Yakima Permanent Rack System for my bike rack :)
- 4yr old with car seat, sippy cup, and cereal all over back seat

1st picture is with the crossbars mounted.
2nd picture is with my crossbars unmounted.

WoW most of you guys drive girly cars. i drive a 1996 9C1 with a 383 stroker, 400hp, 3:73 gears,performance PCM, Flowmasters, cold air intake etc and rolling on 22s. I love blowing the doors off them FART pipe jap cars. how can you think your car is bad ass with front wheel drive and a pewny 4 or 6. i will never own, buy, or drive a foreign car. id rather push an American car then drive Jap!

zaskar said:
WoW... id rather push an American car then drive Jap!
WoW is right...Look at the mouth on Zaskar.
Perhaps we can clain ignorance...:eek:
But just to fill you in Zaskar,
Using the term "Jap" is derogatory and offensive.
Akin to the use of ****er or chink...I think you get my point.;)

My family has a Nissan "ElGrand" as well as a Mitsubishi "i".

zaskar said:
... i will never own, buy, or drive a foreign car. id rather push an American car then drive Jap!
In Australia an "American" car would be foreign..so does that count? most our cars are foreign but the main imports are more so a Japanese brand or European. American cars don't rate that much here. I geuss we don't have a monopoly on cheap oil here to run such consumers of Gasoline/Petrol.
Enough said, this is a cycling forum.

Peace!

The only borders are in our minds. It's a global village.

Unbelievably said:
WoW is right...Look at the mouth on Zaskar.
Perhaps we can clain ignorance...:eek:
But just to fill you in Zaskar,
Using the term "Jap" is derogatory and offensive.
Akin to the use of ****er or chink...I think you get my point.;)

My family has a Nissan "ElGrand" as well as a Mitsubishi "i".

Calm down i was talking about cars not people! :rolleyes: if your offended because i dislike JAP or "non American" cars seek therapy .

zaskar said:
... seek therapy .
Such an expected response from an Americian.

Don't worry about my frame of mind...:D
Just thought I could help you clean your poo-poo mouth.

c'mon guys, just let it go... lets get back to the topic...

everyone should post some pics of their car, I'll upload some tonight after work

Work: '04 BMW 545i six speed -silver with sport package

Play: '01 Toyota Tacoma SR5 silver- with Off Road package, bolt in dirt bike rack, and snap in cycling rack.

Between the two, the Toyota truck is the best most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. The BMW is a great car and fun to drive, but filled with little quirks. Anyone want to say i-drive?

zaskar said:
Calm down i was talking about cars not people! :rolleyes: if your offended because i dislike JAP or "non American" cars seek therapy .
Well, if the Big 3 would get off their arses and make a good hybrid I would buy it. I drove Fords (Ranger, F150, and F250) for a better part of 10 years until it was stolen and I had to look for a new car. At the time I got the Prius gas was at $3+ per gal. So far I have saved over $5k in gas which went into my bike. :D So if it is girly to spend money on the stuff you like versus paying for some Arab's new solid gold Mercedes then so be it. :eek:

No, I do not take offense to either Jap or Chink (even if my heritage is japanese/chinese) I consider myself an American. Hell, he could even call me that and I would not care. That is what is good about American - free speech. I think all this PC **** has gotten a little too overboard. I draw the line when he keys my car because it is a foreign make.

Stumpy07 said:
Well, if the Big 3 would get off their arses and make a good hybrid I would buy it. I drove Fords (Ranger, F150, and F250) for a better part of 10 years until it was stolen and I had to look for a new car. At the time I got the Prius gas was at $3+ per gal. So far I have saved over $5k in gas which went into my bike. :D So if it is girly to spend money on the stuff you like versus paying for some Arab's new solid gold Mercedes then so be it. :eek:

No, I do not take offense to either Jap or Chink (even if my heritage is japanese/chinese) I consider myself an American. Hell, he could even call me that and I would not care. That is what is good about American - free speech. I think all this PC **** has gotten a little too overboard. I draw the line when he keys my car because it is a foreign make.

Good point Stumpy. i don't see how any one in there right state of mind would take offense to Jap, foreign, chink etc. that is why i said Unbelievably should seek therapy. if a complete stranger post a comment on a board and one is offended, i think that person needs help. best wishes.

kopride said:
Work: '04 BMW 545i six speed -silver with sport package

Play: '01 Toyota Tacoma SR5 silver- with Off Road package, bolt in dirt bike rack, and snap in cycling rack.

Between the two, the Toyota truck is the best most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. The BMW is a great car and fun to drive, but filled with little quirks. Anyone want to say i-drive?
I just took a Tacoma to Baja, Mexico. That trip completely changed my mind and made me a believer of what Toyotas are capable of. My next truck WILL be a tacoma.

Why is it that a Dodge or Chrysler (a German owned company) made in Canada or Mexico is still considered an American car, but a Honda made in Ohio or a Toyota made in Kentucky is not?

To stay on topic - Honda CRV (made in England) with a Thule Spare-me rack mounted on the spare tire mount and a "bicycle friendly vehicle" magnet on the back.

RickF said:
Why is it that a Dodge or Chrysler (a German owned company) made in Canada or Mexico is still considered an American car, but a Honda made in Ohio or a Toyota made in Kentucky is not?

To stay on topic - Honda CRV (made in England) with a Thule Spare-me rack mounted on the spare tire mount and a "bicycle friendly vehicle" magnet on the back.
lol, I think very few products can actually say "Made in America.' Usually all the subcompoents are made overseas and assembled in the US (for US sales). I will not buy anything just because it says Made in American. Call me crazy but I require quality too. I do miss my F250 though. :(

1987 Buick Grand National. Good old fashion (but not too old) American muscle.:D

leslierc8853 said:
Bikes:
Kestrel Talon
Specialized Tarmac S-Works

Cars:
`05 BMW 645ci
`05.5 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
`04 Lexus GX470
Oh yeah, German engineering. I've been trying to buy a Porsche 944.

By the way, have you ever came across "TheAutobahn.com?" I'm also logged onto that site as "mopar." Maybe try it out some time, just German cars all the time. You can register yourself a garage for your cars or past owned cars. It's a really cool site.

CAR? How could you
eek.gif
? Filthy, dastardly (is that a word?), smog producin evil
eek.gif
vex of the upwardly mobile (stop me if u must)? Not even a valid question! To the original poster "U r hereby condemned to 2 flats a week until U change yer evil speak of these things.......and your birthday is hereby revoked too.....