What Car do you drive?

HowardSteele

Mar 7, 2006
Ok! So some of you are pure cyclists and don't own a motor vehicle, but out here public transport poor, and if you have an adventurous spirit you need to travel.

My vehicle is a Nissan Hard body 2x4,double cab. It’s a great vehicle to tour in, you throw everything in the back including the kitchen sink and the kids still have place of their own. With good ground clearance and diff lock its a go anywhere vehicle, just not keeping up to the 4x4 model on some challenging trails,but the petrol usage is a lot better. I get about 11-12 litres per 100km.
My bike without the front wheel and the rear deflated fits,standing up inside the loadbox.So if it's just 2 bikes they stand in the back.

For the non-australians... This is a Ford Fairmont Ghia...

I've just detailed her and she's going in the garage for 6 months as I lost my license for that long for 1 speeding fine...
Got done for coming out of a corner doing 125k in a 60k zone... That's why the tyres are fried...
They aren't the rear drive tyres, they are the front steer tyres...

MyGhia.jpg

Tyre03.jpg

Bikes:
Kestrel Talon
Specialized Tarmac S-Works

Cars:
`05 BMW 645ci
`05.5 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
`04 Lexus GX470

brad g said:
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4, and we use it too.

Ahh... I had a Cherokee for many years. I had over 300k on it.

Here are some posts from other users last year.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-270282-15-1.html

I drive a Ford Ranger now, I needed a truck. At the time I posted this, I had 20 4x4 fence posts in the bed of the Ranger, ready to go in the ground.

My wife drives our Honda Pilot.

lw

imagesinthewind said:
1978 Mercedes Benz 300SD (mint condition)
(we make biodiesel from used fryer oil from the bar we own)

:cool::cool::cool: very cool idea with the biodiesel... good on you for recycling all that oil!

1968 VW beetle, with *ahem* a few modifications... (huge weber carby, extractors, lid standoffs, lowered into the weeds, wide wheels and fat tyres)
Though its in restoration right now seeing as how i had a front end bingle and its costing me far too much to run it. might as well spend the next few years turning it into a show pony :)

though, i do drive a 50cc vmoto milan scooter! 50cc's of fun, twice a week for my late work shifts :) but mostly, i spend my time getting around on my bike

brad g said:
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4, and we use it too.
Nice pic ,now that's getting to way out mountainbiking trails.JEEP is getting very popular out here but pricy compared to the jap alternatives and a little heavier on gas.

fauxpas said:
That's why the tyres are fried...
They aren't the rear drive tyres, they are the front steer tyres...
Sheeesssh!!!... you really drive that thing hard to make your tyres look like that!

Are you running the standard suspension components, or did you upgrade the swaybars to make it handle better?

asterope said:
1968 VW beetle, with *ahem* a few modifications... (huge weber carby, extractors, lid standoffs, lowered into the weeds, wide wheels and fat tyres)

Hey!wheres a pic of this super beetle

I drive a '93 Mazda MX6 LS and a '99 Grand Caravan Sport. My van has license plates - "RDBIKER" !

I drive a BMW M3 2003 - SMG - good car but my wife has a c32 amg - we are going to get rid of the amg and try for a Audi S4 avant -

I love my BMW tho

I drive a 1998 Jeep Wrangler, with 32" MT Claws. Of course, I've only filled it up with gas once since April as I ride my bike as much as possible.