What Car do you drive?

The Tubster said:
I picked this little beauty up from the local auctions last month.
Do they post those local auctions somewhere? I'd raise the moral of EVERYONE in this town if I started tooling around in something like that!

Cyclism said:
Like to see this, got any pics?

Here's mine

my_magnum.jpg

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
-Hotchkis lowering springs and anti-sway bars
-Eibach dampers
-20" American Racing RT-S Wheels

Nice car bro! Looks good!

I don't have an updated photo with the small trunk lip, but here's a shot right before i got it.

300cnew.jpg

Magnum and 300C are nice cars, but IMO.. the black and the black and chrome strip craze is dead now.. Still looks good tho.

megalomania said:
Magnum and 300C are nice cars, but IMO.. the black and the black and chrome strip craze is dead now.. Still looks good tho.
I have to disagree. I think chrome is what's dead and paint is on the rise. If you've had chrome, you'll know just how crappy it is. The finish dulls, chips and bubbles. When you get a bend the finish cracks too.

Paint is much stronger and holds it's shine more. Mine are powdercoated, so theres no cracking on bends, but i've only had it about a year now so I can't give a long term opinion. So far, I enjoy it more than chrome.

It's all about what you feels looks better personally. Some people buy to impress others, some buy for themselved. I like it and could care less what others think. (not intended at you)

Rockslayer said:
Yeap the fairmont is pretty much a semi luxury blinged up model of a Falcon which the fords V8 supercars are derived from. Not a big follower of Fords here in Australia but I think they Fairmont and Falcon share the same chasis? You can get a choice of standard family sedan models ranging to a souped up supercar version from the dealership.
THANKS! I'm a follower of the V8 Supercars, but it's not on the SPEED Channel that often.:(

NickDavid said:
I have to disagree. I think chrome is what's dead and paint is on the rise. If you've had chrome, you'll know just how crappy it is. The finish dulls, chips and bubbles. When you get a bend the finish cracks too.

Paint is much stronger and holds it's shine more. Mine are powdercoated, so theres no cracking on bends, but i've only had it about a year now so I can't give a long term opinion. So far, I enjoy it more than chrome.

It's all about what you feels looks better personally. Some people buy to impress others, some buy for themselved. I like it and could care less what others think. (not intended at you)
I think fully painted rims are kind of meh.. For example, Bonspeed Laguna's, they look dope because only half of the spokes are painted.

I've had chrome on things all my life and I've never had any issues. I've never had bends, or bubbles. Or anything like that, personally.

Oh, no doubt, it's all personal preference. I think if you buy stuff to impress other people strictly, you're wasting your money. Word.. Do what you like first, and if people like it, cool, if not.. well, oh well, eh?

Yeah, I like silver cars with black rims, flat or matte black though. They look good on Porsches, and on red and blue cars too.

Thanks, you too. Of course, I dig the black wheels. I chickened out on 24's and got 20's.

NickDavid said:
Nice car bro! Looks good!

I don't have an updated photo with the small trunk lip, but here's a shot right before i got it.

300cnew.jpg

megalomania said:

Thanks for your opinion. Not sure what the latest wheel trends are these days, you might be right. I see A LOT of chrome wheels on Magnums. Bling aint my thing. I'm not even fond of the chrome strip on my 20's, but I like them cuz they're different. I may change them out with some FOOSE Nitrous 20x8 front / 20x10 rear wheels paint-matched to my car. We'll see.

NickDavid said:

Amen bro, I hope chrome is dead. I would like to see more painted/PC wheel choices for our cars.

One thing I really do like about my rims, don't show dirt/brake dust. Can't remember the last time I washed my car, been months. Rims look (almost) the same as if they were clean.

megalomania said:
I think fully painted rims are kind of meh.. For example, Bonspeed Laguna's, they look dope because only half of the spokes are painted.

I've had chrome on things all my life and I've never had any issues. I've never had bends, or bubbles. Or anything like that, personally.

Oh, no doubt, it's all personal preference. I think if you buy stuff to impress other people strictly, you're wasting your money. Word.. Do what you like first, and if people like it, cool, if not.. well, oh well, eh?

Well, atleast four years ago it was considered a classic...I like foreign classics, I've seen a first generation Porsche 911 and 356 A and some more like Lamborghinis and stuff.

I like the rims, I just don't like fads.. Because then everyone gets them and you get sick of seeing them.. That's all, and I'll always be a fan of chrome..

I hate spinners, but for some reason I like Foose's set.. Boyd Coddington has some nice wheels too, but they charge insane prices no one should pay.. meh. I'll probably just stick with cragar mags when ever I can get the spare $.