What 'CAT' are these climbs?

Fooz

May 5, 2003
Hi guys

Just wondering what 'CAT' the climbs on these two stages are? They're part of a five day stage race I'm taking part in at the end of August :eek:

stage2.jpg

stage5.jpg

Fooz said:
Hi guys

Just wondering what 'CAT' the climbs on these two stages are? They're part of a five day stage race I'm taking part in at the end of August :eek:

stage2.jpg

stage5.jpg

the category will be deterimned by whoever is orgainisng the race, if they are categorized at all.
Remember that climb categorization is often quite subjective, so a Cat 1 climb in your Sth African race might not correlate to a Cat 1 in the Alps or Dolomites etc...

Fooz said:
Hi guys

stage2.jpg

stage5.jpg

comparing to tour de france cat 4 maybe cat 3 depending on the rest of the climbs on that day. In a mountain stage they would be cat 4 in a flat stage cat 3. There are no actual rules a climb for listing in cats. On general on a flat stage a climb gets a higher rating. Climbs with stge finish at the top go up 1 category to normal. In the first week the give a cat to every bump in the road, just to get some jersey action. Best ever points for climbing a water defence line in the netherlands, total ascent 20meter or so :)

maarten said:
comparing to tour de france cat 4 maybe cat 3 depending on the rest of the climbs on that day. In a mountain stage they would be cat 4 in a flat stage cat 3. There are no actual rules a climb for listing in cats. On general on a flat stage a climb gets a higher rating. Climbs with stge finish at the top go up 1 category to normal. In the first week the give a cat to every bump in the road, just to get some jersey action. Best ever points for climbing a water defence line in the netherlands, total ascent 20meter or so :)

Lol....I did a race in Veenendaal on a circuit that included what could only be called a "rise" for about 200m....(I think it was climbed in 53x15 or 16 every lap)

KOM points at the top each time thru....

Yippie Kye Ay said:
CAT isn't a measurement of climbs it's a measurement of your USCF ranking.

duh... no... it's both - make sure you're right if you are gonna correct someone

ed073 said:
Lol....I did a race in Veenendaal on a circuit that included what could only be called a "rise" for about 200m....(I think it was climbed in 53x15 or 16 every lap)

KOM points at the top each time thru....

Yeah but thats the netherlands. their country is flat(except from a smal part close to german/belgian border). wild estimation 75% of their country is at 50m above sea level or lower, considerable part of it is even below sea level :) .