What computer magnets can mount on bladed spokes?

Dt

Guest
Hi all,

I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit bladed
spokes. What can I do in this case?

Thanks, David

Use the round ones that mount with a single screw and file a bit where the spoke rest's.

........ .......
! ! ! !
! ! ! !
! <.....> !
! ...............!
not sure if this drawing is going to come through ok but the screw would come in from the top and
the < > is the area you file

Pete

"DT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit bladed
> spokes. What can I do in this case?
>
> Thanks, David

"DT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] irnews.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen
at the LBS have
> magnets that fit bladed spokes. What can I do in this
case?

> Thanks, David

I put the magnet at the very top of the spokes (closest to the rim) - the bladed spokes on the bike
I have are rounded there as they transition into the threaded end....

If the magnet you have is metal with a slit that a screw threads into we do the following. Using a
drill bit the same diameter as the wide part of the bladed spoke drill the base of the slot. This
leaves the threads intact for the screw. The magnet then slids onto the spoke and turned 90 degrees
allowing the screw to be lightly tightened against the spoke. Charlie

In article <A6C1B95AAB29878F.03BB7CFBC8092CE3.BBCA2EB88F51190B@lp.airnews.net>, "DT"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit bladed
> spokes. What can I do in this case?
>
> Thanks, David

Recently manufactured Echo computers (well, at least the wireless W-1 which I bought) have a magnet
that is slotted for bladed spokes. But you'd have to check before buying, to avoid ending up with
older stock.

--Chuan

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Use the round ones that mount with a single screw and file a bit where the spoke rest's.
>

> ........ .......
> ! ! ! !
> ! ! ! !
> ! <.....> !
> ! ...............!
> not sure if this drawing is going to come through ok but the screw would come in from the top and
> the < > is the area you file
>
> Pete
>
> "DT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit bladed
> > spokes. What can I do in this case?
> >
> > Thanks, David

This works great. To make it even easier just use a small drill bit, coming in from each side. Two
minutes and your done. Bill Brannon

"DT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit bladed
> spokes. What can I do in this case?

I'm sure Mavic do a special magnet (to work with other makers' computers) designed for their
Ksyriums with bladed Zicral spokes.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

DT-<< I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS have magnets that fit
bladed spokes. What can I do in this case?

Cateye makes one..with a little patch of sticky and a zip tie-

I have a little snap-on magnet that came with my Shimano WT-7700 with bladed spokes. Very small and
you don't even notice it unless you know its there.

--

Cy Galley - Webmaster www.qcbc.org

> DT-<< I have bladed spokes and none of the computers I've seen at the LBS
have
> magnets that fit bladed spokes. What can I do in this case?
>
> Cateye makes one..with a little patch of sticky and a zip tie-

Get a magnet from an older CatEye Vectra, CC6000, CC7000, Micro from the late 80's and into the
mid-90's. It folds, uses a single screw to clamp onto the spoke. Works fine on blades.