What could be better...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kate Dicey, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!

    I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round and
    we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs - yes, all
    at once, and swore it was good!

    We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I don't
    think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on two and
    lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.

    Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points of
    pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I smeared
    the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

    Tags:

  2. What is better you ask? You enjoyed it, and you figured the points and you
    are moving on, as well as making the kidlets happy, you are a good mom, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    >
    > I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs - yes,
    > all at once, and swore it was good!
    >
    > We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    >
    > Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points of
    > pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. The genius of WW is that the fun of food is not taken away. I used to try to lose weight by thinking
    of dieting as a spiritual practice, one step up from the spiritual practice of fasting.

    Well, I ain't Gandhi or Jesus Christ. (you knew that, right?) The preparation and eating of food are
    among life's most sensual gifts, and now I think of food as sacrament, sacred and holy, intended for
    the enrichment of life. How wonderful and special and memorable for your son and his friend to break
    bread as they did with you today on Pancake Day! I love the 2 points for luck.

    Prairie Roots

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:14:05 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    >
    >I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    >and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs - yes,
    >all at once, and swore it was good!
    >
    >We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    >there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    >lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    >don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    >two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    >
    >Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points of
    >pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    >smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

  4. what a wonderful way to put into words what I actually believe, and taken
    another step over eating would be sacrilegious?? Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The genius of WW is that the fun of food is not taken away. I used to try to lose weight by
    > thinking of dieting as a spiritual practice, one step up from the spiritual practice of fasting.
    >
    > Well, I ain't Gandhi or Jesus Christ. (you knew that, right?) The preparation and eating of food
    > are among life's most sensual gifts, and now I think of food as sacrament, sacred and holy,
    > intended for the enrichment of life. How wonderful and special and memorable for your son and his
    > friend to break bread as they did with you today on Pancake Day! I love the 2 points for luck.
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:14:05 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    > >
    > >I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > >and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs -
    > >yes, all at once, and swore it was good!
    > >
    > >We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > >there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > >lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > >don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > >two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    > >
    > >Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points
    > >of pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > >smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

  5. Or blasphemy. Or sin, as in gluttony, as in "7 Deadly..."

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:51:03 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >what a wonderful way to put into words what I actually believe, and taken another step over eating
    >would be sacrilegious?? Lee Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> The genius of WW is that the fun of food is not taken away. I used to try to lose weight by
    >> thinking of dieting as a spiritual practice, one step up from the spiritual practice of fasting.
    >>
    >> Well, I ain't Gandhi or Jesus Christ. (you knew that, right?) The preparation and eating of food
    >> are among life's most sensual gifts, and now I think of food as sacrament, sacred and holy,
    >> intended for the enrichment of life. How wonderful and special and memorable for your son and his
    >> friend to break bread as they did with you today on Pancake Day! I love the 2 points for luck.
    >>
    >> Prairie Roots
    >>
    >> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:14:05 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    >> >
    >> >I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    >> >and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs -
    >> >yes, all at once, and swore it was good!
    >> >
    >> >We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    >> >there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    >> >lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    >> >don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    >> >two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    >> >
    >> >Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points
    >> >of pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    >> >smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  6. Thotful560

    Thotful560 Guest

    oooooh, pancake day...YUM Just the name sends me! I love pancakes. they are my once a month treat,
    and I can eat most people under the table.(guys, too!) I can give up almost any other carby food
    with no trouble..but not my pancakes. Teresa

  7. True, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Or blasphemy. Or sin, as in gluttony, as in "7 Deadly..."
    >
    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:51:03 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >what a wonderful way to put into words what I actually believe, and taken another step over
    > >eating would be sacrilegious?? Lee Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> The genius of WW is that the fun of food is not taken away. I used to try to lose weight by
    > >> thinking of dieting as a spiritual practice, one step up from the spiritual practice of
    > >> fasting.
    > >>
    > >> Well, I ain't Gandhi or Jesus Christ. (you knew that, right?) The preparation and eating of
    > >> food are among life's most sensual gifts, and now I think of food as sacrament, sacred and
    > >> holy, intended for the enrichment of life. How wonderful and special and memorable for your son
    > >> and his friend to break bread as they did with you today on Pancake Day! I love the 2 points
    > >> for luck.
    > >>
    > >> Prairie Roots

    had

    > Prairie Roots
    > 232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    That is what is so great about this plan. Every once in a while you can say what the *(^&*%&^
    (insert expletive here).

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    Kate Dicey wrote:
    > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    >
    > I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs - yes,
    > all at once, and swore it was good!
    >
    > We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    >
    > Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points of
    > pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

  9. Hi, Kate, My husband and I did pancake Tuesday for diner. My grandmother was born in England and my
    mom used to do it when we were young. My husband thinks pancakes are always a good idea!
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    >
    > I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs - yes,
    > all at once, and swore it was good!
    >
    > We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    >
    > Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points of
    > pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  10. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Connie wrote:

    > That is what is so great about this plan. Every once in a while you can say what the *(^&*%&^
    > (insert expletive here).
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5
    >
    > Kate Dicey wrote:
    > > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    > >
    > > I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > > and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs -
    > > yes, all at once, and swore it was good!
    > >
    > > We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > > there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > > lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > > don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > > two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    > >
    > > Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points
    > > of pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > > smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!

    There are no sins, just treats! :)

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Catherine White wrote:

    > Hi, Kate, My husband and I did pancake Tuesday for diner. My grandmother was born in England and
    > my mom used to do it when we were young. My husband thinks pancakes are always a good idea!
    > --
    > Take Care Catherine
    > 154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
    >
    > "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > online.co.uk...
    > > ...than the smell of burnt butter and pancakes!
    > >
    > > I think I blew it today, but it's pancake day and half term, so James has his friend Lewis round
    > > and we made pancakes for lunch! The boys had a mixture of cheese, lemon and sugar on theirs -
    > > yes, all at once, and swore it was good!
    > >
    > > We ate them standing in the kitchen as they came hot off the pan, and who cares how many points
    > > there were in them! Not I, for once! Just occasionally (like when entertaining a pair of 9 YO
    > > lads!), blowing it can be fun, and I shall be very good for the rest of the day and tomorrw. I
    > > don't think the damage will be too great as I had 4 pancakes with a teaspoon of grated cheese on
    > > two and lemon and a teaspoon of sugar on the other two.
    > >
    > > Hm... Looking in my Database, Scotch Pancakes (the sort I make) are 1 point each... So 4 points
    > > of pancake, one for cheese, and a half for the sugar is five and a half... Plus 2 for luck as I
    > > smeared the pan with butter to cook them! Seven and a half? That'll do!
    > > --

    > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

    I was suprised how low in points they were!

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  12. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    > The genius of WW is that the fun of food is not taken away. I used to try to lose weight by
    > thinking of dieting as a spiritual practice, one step up from the spiritual practice of fasting.
    >
    > Well, I ain't Gandhi or Jesus Christ. (you knew that, right?) The preparation and eating of food
    > are among life's most sensual gifts, and now I think of food as sacrament, sacred and holy,
    > intended for the enrichment of life. How wonderful and special and memorable for your son and his
    > friend to break bread as they did with you today on Pancake Day! I love the 2 points for luck.
    >
    > Prairie Roots

    My thoughts are that there ain't no way I'm ever going to stick to a diet that makes food a torture.
    The trick is learning the border between enjoyment and greed. I enruched MY day, and the boys had a
    great fun lunch! Worth the few extra points to me! :)