What cyclometer do you use?

Idahospud

Nov 12, 2006
I am upgrading from the Bell Cylometer that I used last year :eek: !!! I also have a newer bike now, yeah, me! What do you recommend? Thanks!

Idahospud said:
I am upgrading from the Bell Cylometer that I used last year :eek: !!! I also have a newer bike now, yeah, me! What do you recommend? Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "upgrading." I use a Cateye Micro Wireless and it works quite well, except for the awful owners' manual. I just changed batteries and it took me forever to figure out how to reset the clock and the odometer.

bernmart said:
Not sure what you mean by "upgrading." I use a Cateye Micro Wireless and it works quite well, except for the awful owners' manual. I just changed batteries and it took me forever to figure out how to reset the clock and the odometer.
YES +1

I have the same model cateye and the instructions are a joke. They are fairly cheap if bought on the net but be prepared to be frustrated when setting the silly thing up.

Idahospud said:
So if you're replacing a Bell computer, what exactly are you looking for?

At the basic end, they are almost a commodity. If all you want to know is how fast and how far, just buy whatever is available locally and looks good to you.

If you think that you want to know cadence or when you're at sea level or watts output, that's all available but the price shoots up pretty fast.

Whatever you buy, programming the second one is a piece of cake. That's not going to be much comfort to you because programming the first one is always a PITA.

Idahospud said:
Best bike gadget I have ever bought. Garmin Edge 305.
Not cheap, but a fantastic bike computer, plus GPS!!!
Maybe its overkill, but I like it.

I use a Polar CS 200 cad+hrm. It is ok. I had a much better experience with a basic wireless VDO which was a dream.

Im using the Cateye Velo8. Pretty basic but easy to install and its got just what I need!:)

I just upgraded from cateye micro wireless to the cateye strada with cadence. Both units work fine.