It would be for someone who cycles occasionally. And what would it cost?
Bike buying advice · Public discussion
What decent entry level hybrid would you recommend?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Bike buying advice
- Published
- 6 September 2005
- Last activity
- 11 September 2005
- Original author
- Hankstar
- Posts
- 5
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,970
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I've been pretty satisfied with my 2004 Raliegh SC30 for $279. Front shocks (decent) and 21 speeds. Nice frame color, smooth ride, comfy seat. I made the mistake of pulling the chain slap sticker off though, so now my chainstay is chipped up. The SC series has been renamed Venture for 2006 availible in 4 trim levels. GT Nomads are a similar bike, with a little more equipment and a higher price.
-
I've been with a Landrover Visalia for nearly a year now and cannot fault it in any way. It's a little on the heavy side, but despite throwing it down a few bumpy downhills, a few small jumps and 1200 miles later, I have yet to even bend the wheels slightly, no punctures so far and the only replacement so far was the front derailleur. Nice looking bike aswell. It seems to be bomb-proof!!! £260 will get you one, but there aren't many around, so you might have to do some internet searching. I've had bikes ranging from £300 - £2500 and this is easily better than all of them.🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Hankstar, what country are you in???
It varies depending on where you are, Felt SR71-101, Giant CRX 1-4, Avanti Blade, Specialised Sirrus, Scott Sub 10-30, the list goes on....
-
gclark8 said:
Hankstar, what country are you in???
It varies depending on where you are, Felt SR71-101, Giant CRX 1-4, Avanti Blade, Specialised Sirrus, Scott Sub 10-30, the list goes on....
gclark8,
I am in New York City. Actually, I am a roadbiker and am moving up to a carbon frame after 7 years on a steel Ciocc. But a friend asked me to advise on a hybrid.
What I am amazed about is how reasonably priced decent hybrids are. I have seen how cheaply made the cheapest bikes are. These are not the quality of the hybrids we are talking about. The cost disparity of the price of a whole bike vs that of a single part of a high end road bike demonstrates the difference between the competetive economic forces behind keeping price down and delivering a good product to a savvy market and the big price points in the limited, narrow niche high end market.
Thank you all for your help.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.