What did I miss...?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bob (this one), Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.

    Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.

    So what went on this week...?

    Pastorio

    Tags:

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:56:23 -0400, Bob (this one) wrote:

    > Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
    >
    > Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
    >
    > So what went on this week...?

    I guess you can testify that Yan is still around!
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  3. Bob (this one) wrote:

    > Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
    >
    > Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
    >
    > So what went on this week...?
    >
    > Pastorio

    Let's see...

    We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
    size really does matter, <g>

    Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
    want to go there, I'm not going back!)

    And I finally bought a deep fryer and am having a grand time with it!

    Other subjects were briskets and things that life is too short to do,
    like plucking poultry. <G>

    I'm sure you can sort by subject and do a quick scan?

  4. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
    > Bob (this one) wrote:
    >
    >> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
    >>
    >> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
    >>
    >> So what went on this week...?
    >>
    >> Pastorio

    > Let's see...
    >
    > We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
    > size really does matter, <g>
    >
    > Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
    > want to go there, I'm not going back!)

    There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I
    missed it. What thread was it in?

    Bob

  5. zxcvbob wrote:

    > OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
    >
    >> Bob (this one) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
    >>>
    >>> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
    >>>
    >>> So what went on this week...?
    >>>
    >>> Pastorio

    >> Let's see...
    >>
    >> We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
    >> size really does matter, <g>
    >>
    >> Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
    >> want to go there, I'm not going back!)
    >>

    > There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I
    > missed it. What thread was it in?
    >
    > Bob

    I think it was in the cell phone thread.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > So what went on this week...?
    >
    > Pastorio

    Only the off-topic crap.
    --
    -Barb
    <http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 4-20-2006 with our visit

  7. Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>So what went on this week...?
    >>
    >>Pastorio

    > Only the off-topic crap.

    Indeed.... <lol>
    But IMHO there was a lot of other stuff that was on-topic?
    Other than the trouble with my sister and dad's appendicitis attack, I
    don't recall posting anything off-topic. :)

  8. MareCat

    MareCat Guest

    "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
    >> want to go there, I'm not going back!)
    >>

    > There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I missed
    > it. What thread was it in?

    The discussion didn't have to do with "permissive parenting" vs. spanking.
    It was spanking vs. non-spanking forms of discipline. ("Permissive
    parenting" implies not disciplining your child. Those of us not in favor of
    spanking explained how we very effectively discipline our kids without using
    corporal punishment. That ain't exactly being "permissive.")

    Mary