What did I miss...?

Bob (this one)

Guest
Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.

Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.

So what went on this week...?

Pastorio

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:56:23 -0400, Bob (this one) wrote:

> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
>
> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
>
> So what went on this week...?

I guess you can testify that Yan is still around!
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Bob (this one) wrote:

> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
>
> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
>
> So what went on this week...?
>
> Pastorio

Let's see...

We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
size really does matter, <g>

Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
want to go there, I'm not going back!)

And I finally bought a deep fryer and am having a grand time with it!

Other subjects were briskets and things that life is too short to do,
like plucking poultry. <G>

I'm sure you can sort by subject and do a quick scan?

OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
> Bob (this one) wrote:
>
>> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
>>
>> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
>>
>> So what went on this week...?
>>
>> Pastorio

> Let's see...
>
> We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
> size really does matter, <g>
>
> Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
> want to go there, I'm not going back!)

There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I
missed it. What thread was it in?

Bob

zxcvbob wrote:

> OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
>
>> Bob (this one) wrote:
>>
>>> Worked a bigass food show. Demos and "educational" presentations.
>>>
>>> Martin Yan was the big star. Knows what he's doing and is a swell soul.
>>>
>>> So what went on this week...?
>>>
>>> Pastorio

>> Let's see...
>>
>> We were discussing fresh versus fresh frozen shrimp and the fact that
>> size really does matter, <g>
>>
>> Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
>> want to go there, I'm not going back!)
>>

> There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I
> missed it. What thread was it in?
>
> Bob

I think it was in the cell phone thread.

Only the off-topic ****.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 4-20-2006 with our visit

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>So what went on this week...?
>>
>>Pastorio

> Only the off-topic ****.

Indeed.... <lol>
But IMHO there was a lot of other stuff that was on-topic?
Other than the trouble with my sister and dad's appendicitis attack, I
don't recall posting anything off-topic. :)

"zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Parenting and permissivness versus corporal punishment (probably don't
>> want to go there, I'm not going back!)
>>

> There was a discussion about permissive parenting vs. spanking? I missed
> it. What thread was it in?

The discussion didn't have to do with "permissive parenting" vs. spanking.
It was spanking vs. non-spanking forms of discipline. ("Permissive
parenting" implies not disciplining your child. Those of us not in favor of
spanking explained how we very effectively discipline our kids without using
corporal punishment. That ain't exactly being "permissive.")

Mary