What do bikers read?

pakinmd

Oct 21, 2009
Hi,
I ride all 'round, commute, charity rides, touring, no races though. I have read a few bike stories (documentary and novels) and was wondering what others read.

A guy I met on Cycle Across Maryland was reading The Memory of Running, so I picked it up and enjoyed it. I am currently reading "Heft on Wheels" Mike Magnusen's tale about how he went from a 250+ daily beer drinker to a 180 lb club racer. "Over the Hills" is a well written and entertaining true story about a journalist in VA who decided (w/o much training) to ride across the nation, and did it. He also details some of the history of the bicycle and the development of the US Interstate system. "Miles from Nowhere" is (again true story) about a CA couple who decided to throw it all over and ride around the World - took two years.

I like fictional mysteries and historical non-fiction. The only magazine that I get is Bicycling but only because the subscription was free with another product.

I just finished reading "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." Excellent tome.

pakinmd said:
Hi,
I ride all 'round, commute, charity rides, touring, no races though. I have read a few bike stories (documentary and novels) and was wondering what others read.

A guy I met on Cycle Across Maryland was reading The Memory of Running, so I picked it up and enjoyed it. I am currently reading "Heft on Wheels" Mike Magnusen's tale about how he went from a 250+ daily beer drinker to a 180 lb club racer. "Over the Hills" is a well written and entertaining true story about a journalist in VA who decided (w/o much training) to ride across the nation, and did it. He also details some of the history of the bicycle and the development of the US Interstate system. "Miles from Nowhere" is (again true story) about a CA couple who decided to throw it all over and ride around the World - took two years.

Thanks for those reading tips, pakin.

I tend to read cycling biographies : Robert Millars biography makes great reading.

Currently reading Matt Seatons book again - The Escape Artist.
Very good read for all you cyclists out there.

Depositions,accident reports, legal pleadings and employment law updates. Exciting stuff!:rolleyes: