What do Eurotards think about the United States dominating the Tour Le France

Doofer wrote:

> Mind you, Hamburgers are a European invention, and the Internet
> invented by a Brit.

The WWW was 'invented' by Berners-Lee, not the Internet

"The Magnificent *******" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Let me guess, Magnificant ******* = Paul Rubens. At least MB seems
> > to like to copy PeeWee Herman's rhetorical style and seems to think
> > it's funny. Rather sad, actually.

> +###########V ####### I######t###### ####### #######
> ### ### ### .### = ####I, :V### X###+ t#####,
> ### ### #### I##R ### ##+###
> ### ##W #### ###, ### ### ##V
> ### ######R ###### ### ###
> ### ######## #### ### ##Y
> ### ###B B### ##X ##########
> ### ### ### ##X ############
> ### ### ;##X ##+ ## .##
> ###.### ### ,=###,V ###=X ##,##W;## t###.+ ::####
> I###########X #######, ##### ########## #######X ########

<snip>
> ############ ######## Y#######= ####### ############
> R############M Y####### ####### ####### ############
> ## ### ### ## ##M### ##
> t## .## M## ### ,## W## X## ##t
> t## t### :##, ####B B## ### ### ##t
> t########## ##t ##### ### ### ##+ ##t
> t###########, ##X ##.## ### ### ;. ### ##t
> t## ###, ###M## ##W### ###########B ##t
> I## ### #####, X####R ;############ ##I
> .## t##R I#### ####; ### ##R ##
> ############### #### #### ####### I####### ############
> :#MBBBBBBBMX; #B# #M# M#BBB## #MBBM#; I###########
>
> [Copyright 2002, Aaron M. Henne]

You're off-topic in many newsgroups, that's what you are. Please trim the
NGs you're cross-posting to.
--
Andy.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:12:43 +0000 (UTC), Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Doofer wrote:
>
>> Mind you, Hamburgers are a European invention, and the Internet
>> invented by a Brit.

>The WWW was 'invented' by Berners-Lee, not the Internet

I stand corrected.

Doofer wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:36:11 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>> Add to it that popular US sports, with the exception of basketball,
>> aren't olympic sports.

> The same can be said of most nation's national sports:

And you'll see, down in the part you didn't respond to, that I mentioned
that Europe tends to accept general athleticism, as opposed to the US, where
only the big money sports are acknowledge.

> Rugby and Cricket played in commonwealth countries aren't Olympic
> sports.
>
> Boule, played in France, is not an Olympic sport.
>
> Sumo wrestling, played in Japan, is not an Olympic sport.

Sumo is hardly considered playing, and only marginally considered a sport.
It has much more cultural significance than that.

> Kabadi, played in India, is not an Olympic sport.
>
> Don't feel that the US is being victimised just because American
> football and baseball aren't Olympic sports. Football is an olympic

Who said anything about vicitimization?

> sport because it is played globally - yet you won't see any
> professional players from Europe taking part in the competition.

Considering some of the things that are in the olypics...

Doofer wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:47:13 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> And, yet, they are willing to give their soverignty over to the UN,
>> and demand that we do the same. It took a civil war for the US to
>> consider ourselves as a nation, and even longer than that in the
>> south.

> This comment is particularly telling.
>
> The US expects other countries to adhere to the rules of the UN, but
> somehow considers itself exempt.
>
> Why should senior Yugoslavian soldiers be accountable to the
> International Criminal Court, but not senior US soldiers?

Personally, I'd be happy if the UN and the ICC just went away. Let the
people of Yugoslavia decide what happens with their butcher. If they want
him to be tried internationally, fine, if they want to deal with him
themselves, fine too.

LOL.

Go sit on your seat post, swivel and SQUEEEEEEAAAALLL like a piggy boy.

Personally I supported armstrong, but felt bad for ulrich. But if you're on here to get a rise out of us euro 'ho's', you did it. Well done. it worked. Feel free to continue trawling the net for the rest of your life doing nothing particularly constructive.

laters dude.

Word is they think you're a *******, *******.

"The Magnificent *******" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cycling is one of the most popular sports in Europe, second to only
> soccer. Ok, and maybe third behind darts in the UK.
>
> So what do people in Europe think about the United States dominating the
> Tour Le France? Lance Armstrong is going to win a record 6th Tour
> tomorrow and before that, Greg LeMond was dominant. So in the last 10
> years or so, the Tour Le France has been won by a non-American only a
> couple of times. Plus the non-American winners were all later convicted
> of using performance enhancing drugs (I think).
>
> So just like always, the Unites States is the best in the world. I
> would guess that other countries don't like it but they had better start
> getting used to it.
>
> --
> Magnificent ******* Productions 2004 ©
>
> http://www.magnificentbastardproductions.com

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:06:26 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>> Europe honors atheticism in all forms, in the US, it's
>>> Football (not soccer... well, there -is- Mia Hamm), Basketball, and
>>> Baseball... and the fat contracts and endorsements that go with it.
>>> If it's not one of the big three, it's not viewed as worth doing
>>> professionally, unless there happens to be a particularly attractive
>>> femme playing.

I'd be all in favour of football (the game played predominantly with
the feet - as the name suggests) being deselected as an Olympic event.

The Olympics would do well to return to its amateur roots.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:10:29 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Doofer wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:47:13 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> And, yet, they are willing to give their soverignty over to the UN,
>>> and demand that we do the same. It took a civil war for the US to
>>> consider ourselves as a nation, and even longer than that in the
>>> south.

>> This comment is particularly telling.
>>
>> The US expects other countries to adhere to the rules of the UN, but
>> somehow considers itself exempt.
>>
>> Why should senior Yugoslavian soldiers be accountable to the
>> International Criminal Court, but not senior US soldiers?

>Personally, I'd be happy if the UN and the ICC just went away. Let the
>people of Yugoslavia decide what happens with their butcher. If they want
>him to be tried internationally, fine, if they want to deal with him
>themselves, fine too.

Would you give those same rights to Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia,
Grenada, Afghanistan and Iraq?

C L Imber wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:46:38 -0400, "Granny Smith"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> C L Imber wrote:

>>> I think you're not being truthful.

>> Smart Ass, it's an inside joke between MB and me.

> I don't believe you either.

You are a very suspicious person.

****** off?

Doofer wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:10:29 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Doofer wrote:

>>> This comment is particularly telling.
>>>
>>> The US expects other countries to adhere to the rules of the UN, but
>>> somehow considers itself exempt.
>>>
>>> Why should senior Yugoslavian soldiers be accountable to the
>>> International Criminal Court, but not senior US soldiers?

>> Personally, I'd be happy if the UN and the ICC just went away. Let
>> the people of Yugoslavia decide what happens with their butcher. If
>> they want him to be tried internationally, fine, if they want to
>> deal with him themselves, fine too.

> Would you give those same rights to Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia,
> Grenada, Afghanistan and Iraq?

Aren't we already doing that in Iraq?

As far as the others, if their crimes are against their own people (as in
Kim Jong), then who best to try them? If their crimes are against other
nations, as in ****** or Osama, then the only question is how to spread the
wealth. Many nations besides the US deserve a piece of Osama, but we
deserve the biggest piece (and I think most would be willing to let us have
our way with him, since they know that justice will be served).

news:[email protected]...

at the *******, the magnificent one

Fx199 said:

>> Pathetic really.

>Whats pathetic is that you didnt read my location dipsh*t!

Didn't need to, with your condescending attitude, twit
If you take it as condescending it says more about your intelligence than my attitude.

You see, in Australia we have gotten over the being told what to do by England, whereas it seems that the USA still wants to be the little teenager who feels like they still have to revolt against their parents. The US as a whole needs to grow up before it goes the way of the roman empire.

In article <[email protected]>, Robert
<[email protected]> writes:

>/Robert, living in and enjoying Sweden (a subsidiary of Eurotardia)
>p.s. As far as Lance's reception this side of the pond is concerned,
>many of us over here are impressed by him being one of the few Americans
>who have taken the trouble to learn enough of a European language, to
>give credible and informative interviews to French and Belgian media.
>More U.S. athletes should follow his example.

Why? Most Eurotardians speak better English than we-uns. I do speak a little
Canadian tho.

sanjian said:
As far as the others, if their crimes are against their own people (as in
Kim Jong), then who best to try them? If their crimes are against other
nations, as in ****** or Osama, then the only question is how to spread the
wealth. Many nations besides the US deserve a piece of Osama, but we
deserve the biggest piece (and I think most would be willing to let us have
our way with him, since they know that justice will be served).
I guess that theory works the otherway, so that Nicaragua, El Salvador, Grenada, Vietnam, Cambodia and Cuba, all countries that the US has invaded, all have a valid reason to have a piece of the President of the day. Agreed?

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:55:49 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Doofer wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:10:29 -0400, "sanjian" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> Personally, I'd be happy if the UN and the ICC just went away. Let
>>> the people of Yugoslavia decide what happens with their butcher. If
>>> they want him to be tried internationally, fine, if they want to
>>> deal with him themselves, fine too.

>> Would you give those same rights to Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia,
>> Grenada, Afghanistan and Iraq?

>Aren't we already doing that in Iraq?

No. You went into Iraq on the claim that their leader had weapons of
mass destruction which he was prepared to use. You ousted Iraq's
legitimate president. You captured the president. You imposed a new
government on the Iraqi people. You handed the former leader over to
his political opponents.

I'd rather the UN, as a group of nations, be allowed to make such
value judgements than it be the decision of one nation.

>As far as the others, if their crimes are against their own people (as in
>Kim Jong), then who best to try them? If their crimes are against other
>nations, as in ****** or Osama, then the only question is how to spread the
>wealth. Many nations besides the US deserve a piece of Osama, but we
>deserve the biggest piece (and I think most would be willing to let us have
>our way with him, since they know that justice will be served).

Since when has the US been a bastion of justice!?

Three things jump to mind immediately:

Guantanamo Bay
Rodney King
OJ Simpson

whinds wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Robert
> <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>/Robert, living in and enjoying Sweden (a subsidiary of Eurotardia)
>>p.s. As far as Lance's reception this side of the pond is concerned,
>>many of us over here are impressed by him being one of the few Americans
>>who have taken the trouble to learn enough of a European language, to
>>give credible and informative interviews to French and Belgian media.
>>More U.S. athletes should follow his example.
>>

> Why? Most Eurotardians speak better English than we-uns. I do speak a little
> Canadian tho.

The point is that many French get offended when an anglophone enters
their country and just assumes that everyone will start speaking English
to him/her.

This, especially in a time where the USA is perceived by many as
flaunting its military might worldwide, where the anti-USA sentiment is
high in France due to US boycotting French goods because France refused
to give buy-in on Bush's Iraq war). And the best TdF rider is from Texas
.. . . LA would've been pouring salt into inflamed wounds had he insisted
on answering all journos' questions in _English_. His willingness to
interview in French shows he has some political awareness, empathy, and
respect. His French ain't great but if you're a many-time winner of
France's premier sporting event, it doesn't have to be. It's the gesture
that counts - and is appreciated.

/Robert

Another sad and insecure American, sitting in front of a PC, typing with one
hand, applying acne cream to a zitty face with the other, letting rip his
frustrations on the net.

Rik
PS
I don't care who wins/won the race.