What do I do with bent Bontrager Race X Lite *** anodized front wheel ?

chrisc

Guest
I just got into an accident and bent the hell out of the wheel. 2 spokes are
broken. They told me it couldn't be trued. The wheel was only a year old. I
just bought a replacement for $380

Not sure how it happened. I woke up in an ambulance and can't remember
anything.

chrisc wrote:
> I just got into an accident and bent the hell out of the wheel. 2
> spokes are broken. They told me it couldn't be trued. The wheel was
> only a year old. I just bought a replacement for $380

Wind chime.

> Not sure how it happened. I woke up in an ambulance and can't remember
> anything.

Sorry to hear it; glad you weren't hurt worse.

Bill "**** happens" S.

>I just got into an accident and bent the hell out of the wheel. 2 spokes
>are broken. They told me it couldn't be trued. The wheel was only a year
>old. I just bought a replacement for $380

The wheel *can* be rebuilt, using the original hub. The spokes, including
the special nipples, run about $4 each, and the rim about $95. So you might
keep the hub around to rebuild as a spare wheel at some point.

> Not sure how it happened. I woke up in an ambulance and can't remember
> anything.

Hate it when that happens. Have you revisited the scene, to try and
reconstruct what happened? Are there any marks on the frame or fork? Was
this a front or rear wheel?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com