What do I need to Install my New PD-R600

plutov

Jun 2, 2004
I just got them and would like to save a few bucks and do the install myself. I am entirely new to this. How difficult is it to swap the pedals, and what tools do I need? Thanks.

A 15mm wrench is all you should need (some pedals have only an 8mm hex key opening, but the R600 has both that and a 15mm axle.) The main things to remember are to grease the threads so they aren't impossible to unscrew later on, and that the left hand side pedal is an opposite thread (lefty-tightey)

A reference link you might find useful

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQpedls.shtml

You really have to use a wrench that is specifically designed for pedals, don't try to use a regular 15 mm wrench - it won't fit.

A shop quality pedal wrench is about $25, and you can get smaller ones for a bit less than that.

PlutoV- it's as easy as getting onto your bike.

Once you get your hands on the necessary tools (mentioned above), make sure you have some good quality grease and grease the pedal threads before putting them in.

absolutely- Phil Wood is the best, but any decent grease is better than nothing. Park also makes a good bike-specific grease that we stock here. Check out your local bike shop and see what they have. If you don't have a shop in your area, I can get you some.