What do people think of these road handlebars?

DazzaBikeBoy

Aug 10, 2016
I developed these handlebars a while ago and am looking at further development so I was wondering what people thought of them. If like me you have done some k's on the road then you know keeping your elbows in is hard work with the traditional straight bar. To overcome this you can hang you hands over the top bar but then you risk loosing control. These bars allow you to grip the top bar and naturally have that ideal streamline position. Your arm is keep in alignment with the bike midline and you can power into the bar and not loos form. Anyway hope to have some to try out on the road soon. Comments welcome.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/revolutionary-one-piece-aero-road-bike-handlebar

Interesting. I would have to ride one to judge its comfort, ride qualities, what positions it affords or improves and see how it affects aero and power output.

I'm not a fan of one-piece bar/stem combinations as a rule, if this is what you mean when you state "one piece" in your website description. I prefer having the angle of rotation adjustable to fine tune my position on a given frame geometry. I also prefer to adjust reach with stem length as required. Getting the correct bar width, stem length, bar rotation angle on a given frame and bar drop can require some trial & error, changing components, etc. I could be completely off-base here so feel free to elaborate on your design premise.

Interesting. I would have to ride one to judge its comfort, ride qualities, what positions it affords or improves and see how it affects aero and power output.

I'm not a fan of one-piece bar/stem combinations as a rule, if this is what you mean when you state "one piece" in your website description. I prefer having the angle of rotation adjustable to fine tune my position on a given frame geometry. I also prefer to adjust reach with stem length as required. Getting the correct bar width, stem length, bar rotation angle on a given frame and bar drop can require some trial & error, changing components, etc. I could be completely off-base here so feel free to elaborate on your design premise.

I have tried to load a photo here but had no luck. My design is a one piece as I said, traditional shaped handlebar. It is hard to describe but if the link works to Indiegogo there is information there and photos. It is a handlebar alone, no built in head stem. The real newness is the bends in the top bar that reposition your hands in a natural manner - more like when we are riding and resting out hands on top. Check out the link if you get the chance and then get back to me. I hope to have prototypes soon for road testing as only done 3D print so far and indoor testing. This proved promising. Thanks for your comments

Yeah, I saw the picture and the electrical tape (?) used to secure the bars in place (?) for testing and something else that was black. I was unclear as to your 'one piece' intent, but I think you will definitely be more marketable just going with a separate handlebar with your custom bend.

Good luck!

The link shows site under construction or such. I would be interested in seeing as I am in the market for new bars

Скажите, насколько руль влияет на хорошую управляемость