Road Cycling · Public discussion

What do these bikes cost?

Started by Maggie · · Last activity · 72 posts · 2,574 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
16 March 2005
Last activity
18 April 2005
Original author
Maggie
Posts
72
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,574
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 72
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Maggie said:

    I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk into an
    LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this cost?
    It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    All Good Things
    Maggie

    Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on
    the newsgroup?

    Just curious.

    Rich

  2. Maggie said:

    Well, you are not me. You ride your kinda bike, I'll ride my kinda
    bike. I like it. I am not Lance Armstrong nor am I PeeWee, I am an old
    woman who is going to ride my bike around town, through parks, and on a
    few charity rides....

    Here is what I like: <http://www.speedbikes.ch/butterfly.html>.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois)

  3. Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:27:35 -0700, <[email hidden]>,

    Rich said:


    Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on
    the newsgroup?

    Just curious.

    Rich

    Two, IIRC.
    --
    zk

  4. Rich said:
    Maggie said:

    I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk


    into an

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this


    cost?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.


    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    All Good Things
    Maggie

    Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on

    Quoted message said:

    the newsgroup?

    Just curious.

    Rich

    I bought two bikes. The first bike I bought was a K-Mart Bike. It was
    really cheap. I think I paid 60 dollars for it or something. Then I
    decided that I should get a better one. The better one is not so
    better. Now that spring is here and I am actually riding, I want to
    invest in a comfort bike. The one from TREK looks nice. The Navigator.
    This weekend I plan to go to the LBS. My kids have been taking my car
    all the time and I keep getting dropped off at work. I decided to ride
    to work from now on. I need a better bike. The first two purchases
    were foolish. I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Since being on
    this group since last fall, I have learned quite a bit to be honest.
    Even though I sound like a the dittzy queen of suburbia, I do retain
    the information you give me, and look at all the websites. The
    navigator seems like a nice bike. I just thought it would be really
    expensive because it is a TREK. So yes, I did buy two bikes. I am
    still riding one at this point. The K-mart bike is sitting in the shed.
    All Good Things,
    Maggie

  5. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:27:18 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:27:35 -0700, <[email hidden]>,

    Rich said:


    Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here on
    the newsgroup?

    Just curious.

    Rich

    Two, IIRC.

    Upon seeing this with 'special' attachment, there will likely be four:

    http://www.theacorn.com/common/Vacation_Photos/046p1_lg.jpg

    jj

  6. RonSonic said:

    And the recent
    cruisers make 'em look as cool as that chick on the Velo Bella logo.

    c.f. http://www.velobella.org/

    That does look cool, almost like my wife except she has a little lapdog
    in the front basket. And my wife is Swedish and blond. And her bike
    isn't pink. And she doesn't have a banana seat. No ape hanger bars
    either. But other than that, they look just alike.

    RFM

  7. Maggie wrote:
    :: Rich wrote:
    ::: Maggie wrote:
    :::: I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk
    :::: into an LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like
    :::: this cost? It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my
    :::: name.
    ::::
    ::::
    ::
    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php
    ::::
    :::: All Good Things
    :::: Maggie
    ::::
    :::
    ::: Didn't you just buy a bike last fall when you started posting here
    ::: on
    ::
    ::: the newsgroup?
    :::
    ::: Just curious.
    :::
    ::: Rich
    ::
    :: I bought two bikes. The first bike I bought was a K-Mart Bike. It was
    :: really cheap. I think I paid 60 dollars for it or something. Then I
    :: decided that I should get a better one. The better one is not so
    :: better. Now that spring is here and I am actually riding, I want to
    :: invest in a comfort bike. The one from TREK looks nice. The
    :: Navigator. This weekend I plan to go to the LBS. My kids have been
    :: taking my car all the time and I keep getting dropped off at work.
    :: I decided to ride to work from now on. I need a better bike. The
    :: first two purchases were foolish. I had no idea what the hell I was
    :: doing. Since being on this group since last fall, I have learned
    :: quite a bit to be honest. Even though I sound like a the dittzy
    :: queen of suburbia, I do retain the information you give me, and look
    :: at all the websites. The navigator seems like a nice bike. I just
    :: thought it would be really expensive because it is a TREK. So yes,
    :: I did buy two bikes. I am still riding one at this point. The K-mart
    :: bike is sitting in the shed. All Good Things,

    Get your trek, dumb the k-mart (or give it to charity) and use your other
    one as a rain or extra bike. Ride and have fun.

    :: Maggie

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Matt O'Toole said:

    A bike like this is perfect for many people.

    Yes! I like the Trek Navigators as "all-arounder/general purpose"
    bikes. It would be nice if they offered a choice of rigid fork
    instead of those now ubiquitous RST suspension forks. I note
    the unit in the link provided by Maggie in her first post comes
    already equipped with rack and fenders. That's nice for people
    who don't want to fuss around suspension forks and V-brakes to
    install aftermarket fenders. It also appears to have sensible
    wheels. With the rear rack, Maggie would have no excuse to hang
    shopping bags on the handlebar :-)

    Quoted message said:

    I'd love to get one for my mom!
    There are millions of them in Europe and Japan, used by everyday folks for
    transportation. It's great to see an American bike company finally addresssing
    something other than the sport market.

    There are those Breezer city bikes, but they're pretty expensive.
    The Navigators are nicely affordable. For people who want a
    basic city runabout bike that can occasionally be put to work
    on shopping trips etc, I think the Navigators go a long way
    toward positive cycling experiences.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Roger Zoul said:

    Get your trek, dumb the k-mart (or give it to charity) and use your other
    one as a rain or extra bike.

    That's a good idea.

    Quoted message said:

    Ride and have fun.

    That's a good idea too :-)

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca


  10. Quoted message said:

    Upon seeing this with 'special' attachment, there will likely be four:

    http://www.theacorn.com/common/Vacation_Photos/046p1_lg.jpg

    With proper umbrella placement and a sufficiently windy day, those could
    be fast.

    Rich

  11. Maggie said:

    I bought two bikes. The first bike I bought was a K-Mart Bike. It was
    really cheap. I think I paid 60 dollars for it or something. Then I
    decided that I should get a better one. The better one is not so
    better.

    I think the better one is pretty much like this one, without the rack.
    It came from a LBS right? AFter you posted here for feedback on it?
    Perhaps you could just buy the rack and put it on your current LBS bike.
    Unless, of course, you just like buying bikes. In that case, buy away.

    Rich

  12. Maggie said:

    I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk into an
    LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this cost?
    It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    All Good Things
    Maggie

    I hope they don't charge by the pound, that looks heavy.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
    remove "mydebt" to reply

  13. Having a front suspension is really not a big deal. If you live in an
    urban area, it's useful when you encounter potholes and construction
    repairs. I've mostly been riding a bone rattling road bike, but have a
    front suspension on my mtn bike.

  14. Craig Brossman said:
    Maggie said:

    I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk


    into an

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this


    cost?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.


    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    All Good Things
    Maggie

    I hope they don't charge by the pound, that looks heavy.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
    remove "mydebt" to reply

    I'll be going to the LBS Saturday......I will report back on Monday.
    ;-)
    You can count on it.
    All Good Things,
    Maggie

  15. Rich said:
    Maggie said:

    I bought two bikes. The first bike I bought was a K-Mart Bike. It


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    really cheap. I think I paid 60 dollars for it or something. Then


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    decided that I should get a better one. The better one is not so
    better.

    I think the better one is pretty much like this one, without the


    rack.

    Quoted message said:

    It came from a LBS right? AFter you posted here for feedback on it?
    Perhaps you could just buy the rack and put it on your current LBS


    bike.

    Quoted message said:

    Unless, of course, you just like buying bikes. In that case, buy


    away.

    Quoted message said:


    Rich

    I like buying......I shop to live. Much to my husband's dismay. But I
    work hard, I deserve three bikes and designer accessories. (not for the
    bike, for me)
    All Good Things
    Maggie

  16. Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:54:33 -0700, <[email hidden]>,

    Craig Brossman said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    All Good Things
    Maggie

    I hope they don't charge by the pound, that looks heavy.

    Heavy bikes cost less per pound than light bikes.
    Light - Cheap - Strong . . . choose two.
    --
    zk

  17. frank-in-toronto said:

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:43:53 -0500, "Ken Marcet"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    "Maggie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk


    into an

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this


    cost?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    All Good Things
    Maggie


    I don't know for sure, but it looks pretty nice, and just being a


    Trek you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    KNOW it will be pricey!


    Nice? I wouldn't be caught DEAD riding that bike. PeeWee Herman
    might like it. Yikes.
    ...thehick

    Aw come on. is this board only for the "I know so much more than you
    because I have a degree in physics" crowd, or the "I race category 1"
    crowd?

    Can we at least agree that the more people on bikes, the better the
    world is? And if Maggie wants to ride a pee-wee herman bike or a
    Colnago, she's equally welcome as are her queries?

  18. MJR said:


    frank-in-toronto said:

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:43:53 -0500, "Ken Marcet"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    "Maggie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk


    into an

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this


    cost?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.
    >
    >

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Equipped/index.php

    Quoted message said:

    >
    > All Good Things
    > Maggie
    >
    I don't know for sure, but it looks pretty nice, and just being a


    Trek you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    KNOW it will be pricey!


    Nice? I wouldn't be caught DEAD riding that bike. PeeWee Herman
    might like it. Yikes.
    ...thehick

    Aw come on. is this board only for the "I know so much more than you
    because I have a degree in physics" crowd, or the "I race category 1"
    crowd?

    Can we at least agree that the more people on bikes, the better the
    world is? And if Maggie wants to ride a pee-wee herman bike or a
    Colnago, she's equally welcome as are her queries?


    i don't have a degree and i sure don't race. i'm content to
    poke along on my old mountain bike. i was commenting on
    the appearance. not the rider. i don't know anything
    about her. To me, a bike that upright is going to be
    mighty tough to get up some hills. If her ride is mostly
    flat, it'll probably be OK. don't blow this out of proportion.
    ....thehick

  19. "frank-in-toronto" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    MJR said:


    frank-in-toronto said:

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:43:53 -0500, "Ken Marcet"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    wrote:

    >
    >"Maggie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> I want this bike. I have tried to google a price before I walk


    into an

    Quoted message said:

    >> LBS and fall dead on the floor. How much does a bike like this


    cost?

    Quoted message said:

    >> It looks so comfy and right for me. It is calling my name.
    >>
    >>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www2.trekbikes.com/en/Bikes/City_Bike_Path/Comfort/Navigator_200_Eq


    uipped/index.php

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >> All Good Things
    >> Maggie
    >>
    >I don't know for sure, but it looks pretty nice, and just being a


    Trek you

    Quoted message said:

    >KNOW it will be pricey!
    Nice? I wouldn't be caught DEAD riding that bike. PeeWee Herman
    might like it. Yikes.
    ...thehick

    Aw come on. is this board only for the "I know so much more than you
    because I have a degree in physics" crowd, or the "I race category 1"
    crowd?

    Can we at least agree that the more people on bikes, the better the
    world is? And if Maggie wants to ride a pee-wee herman bike or a
    Colnago, she's equally welcome as are her queries?


    i don't have a degree and i sure don't race. i'm content to
    poke along on my old mountain bike. i was commenting on
    the appearance. not the rider. i don't know anything
    about her. To me, a bike that upright is going to be
    mighty tough to get up some hills. If her ride is mostly
    flat, it'll probably be OK. don't blow this out of proportion.
    ...thehick

    Whatever. Your comment that you "wouldn't be caught dead" on the Navigator
    was kind of obnoxious. I happen to think that functional bikes have their
    own aesthetic appeal. I think Breezers and town bikes of their kind are
    cool. Of course, I like the Bianchi Milano, and that would probably cause
    you to blow a gasket.

  20. Maggie said:
    Fritz M said:


    http://www.electrabike.com/


    I love those bikes. Reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake


    bikes I

    Quoted message said:

    bought for my daughter. All pink and pretty.


    You want pink and pretty? How about this bike (which someone
    posted about recently in r.b.m.)
    http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/2003/11/this_girl_needs_a_hello_kitty_bi.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.