what do these echo readings mean?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Andrew Brown, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Andrew Brown

    Andrew Brown Guest

    Hello,

    I have had a long awaited echocardiogram. How do the figures look to people here ? I do see that the
    valves are normal. what about other function, including left ventricular size. The report gives
    measurements . http://members.lycos.co.uk/waweldragon5/echo.JPG

    Kind regards Andrew

    Tags:

  2. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    hi Andrew

    you should be asking these questions to whatever doc ordered the test...

    good luck hawki.....

    any info imparted by me does not represent any views other than my own.....

    any and all medical info is for your use in helping you and your health care provider evaluate and
    treat any problems

  3. Hawki63 wrote:

    > hi Andrew
    >
    > you should be asking these questions to whatever doc ordered the test...
    >
    > good luck hawki.....

    Would concur :)

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  4. I don't understand why all the mystery? A heart is a pump and I understand that the Echo measures
    physical and dynamic characteristics of that pump. So what is the big deal?

    "Andrew Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have had a long awaited echocardiogram. How do the figures look to people here ? I do see that
    > the valves are normal. what about other function, including left ventricular size. The report
    > gives measurements . http://members.lycos.co.uk/waweldragon5/echo.JPG
    >
    > Kind regards Andrew

  5. Andrew Brown

    Andrew Brown Guest

    Thank you for the replies. However, the MAIN thing I am interested in what are the normal ranges of
    measurement of the left ventricle. Presumably, there MAY be some accepted norms for these
    dimensions.

    individual.

    This study was ordered with LVH as the issue to identify as a result of my suggestion that echo is
    more dependable than ECG for this, and that as an adopted person I have no family history to help
    assess risk. Plus it APPEARS from a trawl of my medical history I may have had borderline/high BP
    untreated for about 20 years. BTW, my lipids are good and I do not smoke, So perhaps its not so
    important. I am sure if there was a LVH evident the doc wouldnt have marked the study as normal
    BUT I remain interested in what is NORMAL.

    Thanks Andrew

    Many thanks Andrew