what do these echo readings mean?

hi Andrew

you should be asking these questions to whatever doc ordered the test...

good luck hawki.....

any info imparted by me does not represent any views other than my own.....

any and all medical info is for your use in helping you and your health care provider evaluate and
treat any problems

Hawki63 wrote:

> hi Andrew
>
> you should be asking these questions to whatever doc ordered the test...
>
> good luck hawki.....

Would concur :)

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

I don't understand why all the mystery? A heart is a pump and I understand that the Echo measures
physical and dynamic characteristics of that pump. So what is the big deal?

"Andrew Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> I have had a long awaited echocardiogram. How do the figures look to people here ? I do see that
> the valves are normal. what about other function, including left ventricular size. The report
> gives measurements . http://members.lycos.co.uk/waweldragon5/echo.JPG
>
> Kind regards Andrew

Thank you for the replies. However, the MAIN thing I am interested in what are the normal ranges of
measurement of the left ventricle. Presumably, there MAY be some accepted norms for these
dimensions.

individual.

This study was ordered with LVH as the issue to identify as a result of my suggestion that echo is
more dependable than ECG for this, and that as an adopted person I have no family history to help
assess risk. Plus it APPEARS from a trawl of my medical history I may have had borderline/high BP
untreated for about 20 years. BTW, my lipids are good and I do not smoke, So perhaps its not so
important. I am sure if there was a LVH evident the doc wouldnt have marked the study as normal
BUT I remain interested in what is NORMAL.

Thanks Andrew

Many thanks Andrew