What do you call out when you come up behind pedos?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Onlooker, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    =v= I say "On Your Left" and advocate that this phrase be standardised on. (Except in e.g. Britain,
    where "On Your Right" would be more appropriate.)

    =v= If we all did, it would become a movement! (Hopefully a movement of pedestrians, to the
    appropriate side.) <_Jym_

  2. Garmonboezia

    Garmonboezia Guest

    "Buck" <j u n k m a i l @ g a l a x y c o r p . c o m> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    >
    >> Well, the silent treatment is supposed to work in that they don't know you're coming until
    >> you're gone.
    >
    > Perhaps you come and go without noticing people's reactions. I'm betting that most people who get
    > passed unexpectedly have a similar reaction to the ones I described. This could be a good reason
    > for pedestrians using a multi-use path to get angry with cyclists.
    >

    >> How about baseball cards in the spokes? That would alert people to the presence of a
    >> cyclist... <BFG>
    >
    > Now that is an interesting idea. I'm sure my daughter would love to see some playing cards in the
    > spokes of the trailer, but the constant noise would certainly hamper the communication between us.
    >
    > -Buck

    Even if it's startling, I think most people appreciate some sort of heads up. More than once
    people have thanked me as I've passed. A little communication goes a long way both on the trail
    and the road.