What do you call out when you come up behind pedos?

=v= I say "On Your Left" and advocate that this phrase be standardised on. (Except in e.g. Britain,
where "On Your Right" would be more appropriate.)

=v= If we all did, it would become a movement! (Hopefully a movement of pedestrians, to the
appropriate side.) <_Jym_

"Buck" <j u n k m a i l @ g a l a x y c o r p . c o m> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
>
>> Well, the silent treatment is supposed to work in that they don't know you're coming until
>> you're gone.
>
> Perhaps you come and go without noticing people's reactions. I'm betting that most people who get
> passed unexpectedly have a similar reaction to the ones I described. This could be a good reason
> for pedestrians using a multi-use path to get angry with cyclists.
>

>> How about baseball cards in the spokes? That would alert people to the presence of a
>> cyclist... <BFG>
>
> Now that is an interesting idea. I'm sure my daughter would love to see some playing cards in the
> spokes of the trailer, but the constant noise would certainly hamper the communication between us.
>
> -Buck

Even if it's startling, I think most people appreciate some sort of heads up. More than once
people have thanked me as I've passed. A little communication goes a long way both on the trail
and the road.