"What do you carry in yaaaaaaaaaaa wallet?" ..

Susan Repp

Oct 16, 2003
There we were almost at the top of this knee trembling hill .. clonk, psssssssssssssssssssttttttttt, wobble, wobble, squeek, squeeeeek - .. so there we are 2 sweaty, tired ladies changing my tyre at the side of the road (beautiful view by the way) (the countryside not us)! O.K. the tube in, oops tube out, blast in again, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tube IN! Tyre on, ah haaaaa gotcha. I am wrestling with my wheel and covered in grease when I hear this "coming 'round the mountain .." on a .. flute? Well it sounds like a flute but looks like .. not sure, but, it had too few holes (I think) to be able to play .. she cannot blow (you need pursed lips) cos she started laugh .. I cannot pump because I have to listen to my girlfriend's renditions. The pump is way tooooooo small to get 10lb psi let alone 120lbs and it just won't get hard (another thing that started us laughing) - I think it too way too long to fix my flat but it sure was an experience .. I never want to repeat.

So what strange articles do you carry on your rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in case of emergencies ;)

Susan Repp said:
There we were almost at the top of this knee trembling hill .. clonk, psssssssssssssssssssttttttttt, wobble, wobble, squeek, squeeeeek - .. so there we are 2 sweaty, tired ladies changing my tyre at the side of the road (beautiful view by the way) (the countryside not us)! O.K. the tube in, oops tube out, blast in again, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tube IN! Tyre on, ah haaaaa gotcha. I am wrestling with my wheel and covered in grease when I hear this "coming 'round the mountain .." on a .. flute? Well it sounds like a flute but looks like .. not sure, but, it had too few holes (I think) to be able to play .. she cannot blow (you need pursed lips) cos she started laugh .. I cannot pump because I have to listen to my girlfriend's renditions. The pump is way tooooooo small to get 10lb psi let alone 120lbs and it just won't get hard (another thing that started us laughing) - I think it too way too long to fix my flat but it sure was an experience .. I never want to repeat.

So what strange articles do you carry on your rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in case of emergencies ;)
A sling shot. Great for rude motorists. Just kidding.

Box full of condoms and a 'I'm feelin' lucky attitude'

One never knows when a lady in spandex wants to go for a 'ride around the block'

Now being serious, when I road bike, I bring nothing...On my mountain bike, camelback with maybe a energy bar, maybe my 'alien' bike tool.

TrekDedicated said:
Box full of condoms and a 'I'm feelin' lucky attitude'

One never knows when a lady in spandex wants to go for a 'ride around the block'

Now being serious, when I road bike, I bring nothing...On my mountain bike, camelback with maybe a energy bar, maybe my 'alien' bike tool.

So does the money or the condoms help repair a flat? Flat what?

Susan Repp said:
So does the money or the condoms help repair a flat? Flat what?

In the case of a flat TIRE, looks like I'm taking off my shoes and walking many many miles back home...

TrekDedicated said:
In the case of a flat TIRE, looks like I'm taking off my shoes and walking many many miles back home...

If you have a flat TYRE (I'm a Brit) but a bunch of rubbers then maybe you will "get lucky" and won't have to walk .. :eek:

Susan Repp said:
so there we are 2 sweaty, tired ladies
Sweaty ladies! *drool*

I carry a few of those hand wipes packs you get at Famous Daves (or probably any rib place). They're useful for cleaning up after roadside repairs.

birdman23 said:
A sling shot. Great for rude motorists. Just kidding.
maybe a snub nose 44 in the back pocket of your jerys so you can blow out a tire or two! or a back window! that will teach em to not run you off the road

ITM mini tool, levers, tubes, a few quid emergency money

In my pocket - a mobile phone (cheating but hey it is the 21st century)!