What do you do in the winter if you have an urge to go biking?

yeah rollers are for cyclists, you need to have better handling than that, i also think he started in a big gear, and you need to place the rollers near the wall so that you can help yourself and balance with your arm against it,

I suffer on the trainer doing CTS workout videos and try to not go insane. It gets too damn cold, snowy and icy here in SE MN to bike outside in the winter. It's alright though, I get some pretty good form doing structures, controlled workouts. It also makes me appreciate my time outdoor riding that much more.

Originally Posted by coolcamaro12 .

Eh...the title explains itself.
I go riding. There is no such thing as inappropriate weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Travel South. Load up the SUV or truck and avoid the worst of it.

Now that I have an indoor trainer, I'll be doing a good amount of that. In fact, I'll get up and do that in a few minutes since it's so late.

Originally Posted by ambal .

I go riding. There is no such thing as inappropriate weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Hehe i feel the same way.

I go for a ride, i get wet i come home and take a hot shower than have tea and relax. weathers gotta be preety darn bad to keep me from doing what i want to do.

i found by luck a plastic/rubber like carpet to put under my indoor trainer setup, it cost me 25 usd. and does the work perfectly, a training mat from a known brand can cost up to 100 usd. !

Since I don't have a car and still have to work, I dress for it and ride! Its not as bad as I thought it would be when I first went out in 15-17 degrees as I dressed appropriately. Two pair of thermal tights, wool socks about 4 layers on my upper body, etc... About the only weather I haven't or won't do is ice and snow. Fortunately for me, I work in the public school system in Maryland and school is usually cancelled on such days.

Winters in the high desert aren't as brutal as in, say, Minnesota, but temps can drop into the single digits (F) overnight. If you factor in wind, it can get pretty miserable. Nevertheless, I use bikes as my main form of daily transport, so unless it's pouring buckets or the streets are one solid sheet of ice (both of which are rare), I just ride anyway. There is no such thing as bad weather, there is only inappropriate clothing.