When going out on my bycicle (Mountain or Road) I see different people, some are training, the ones that really seem fit and ride quite well, other are exercising which purpose is staying fit and healthy and others are just taking a ride going slow and not even sweating.
From the above how is your ride? I consider myself as exercising, I try to make a good effort and sweat but I'm far from training and going into competition.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
What do you do, train, exercise or just take a ride?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 7 April 2005
- Last activity
- 8 April 2005
- Original author
- Solanog
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,070
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
After competing in XC racing for the last 5 years - I find hard to 'just take a ride'. I always tend to go pretty flat out as I often ride on my own.
I go for about 4-5 'training' rides per week, mainly on the road from anything from 15 km to 60 km depending how much time I have and how the weather is holding out. I live in the country so there are a lot of dirt roads so its not all bitumen.
I try and get out to do a forest ride (where our races are held) every weekend, my mate and I hit it hard to get as close as possible to race conditions as possible. I am fortunate where I live there are 4 xc race tracks within 20 mins drive of my house.
I love my riding and try and get out whenever I can....
-
I used to take 40-50 min rides a couple of times during weekdays going on dirt uphill road, where I live. Now I just take a couple of hours tour on Saturday and Sunday, I'm not in great shape but not the worse and it takes me about an hour, a,little more, to go 6km (less than 4miles) :o and just about 10 minutes to go back 🙄 When I go on the road is pretty different in the same hour I go around 28 km on a mainly flat route.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.