What do you do?

roadhouse

Aug 2, 2009
i think i'm gonna be sick just typing this but last night i found out not only was one of my friends murdered in his own tattoo parlor some time ago Man shot and killed inside tattoo shop in northwest Houston | abc13.com but i just found out today that an old good friend whom lived with me some years ago committed suicide. his son William died last year and that was all he could take. i loved that little boy too.

God Rest Your Soul Chris.

b5613724ad604db48151b5a4276524ce.jpg

Reactions: haleylx4
not sure what that is supposed to mean. man, i just saw the guy not two, maybe three months ago and he had a new fiance and seemed to be so happy, all in all but i guess the loss of his own son was just unbearable, poor guy.

fun loving, woman pillaging, hard working man, loved his kids, gave him meaning, you could see it in his eyes when he was with his boy, the light in his heart on full flame, the way he held him and cared for him, played with him, spoke to him, explained life's little lessons to him, he will be dearly missed by many.

Look man, I'm 56 years old, I've had so many friends die I seriously lost count! Welcome to life and death, Earth's reality show. You and your friends are young, but you and your friends are never immortal; maybe you might want to start considering what happens after death.

Wow, that's rough. Someone I knew growing up took his own life shortly after his second son passed away from leukemia in the same way one of his cousins whom I also knew took his own life years earlier.

Froze said:
Look man, I'm 56 years old, I've had so many friends die I seriously lost count! Welcome to life and death, Earth's reality show. You and your friends are young, but you and your friends are never immortal; maybe you might want to start considering what happens after death.

definately not sure how this turned into a pissing contest so for a 56 year old, you have a lot to learn. thanks anyways.

cyberlegend1994 said:
Wow, that's rough. Someone I knew growing up took his own life shortly after his second son passed away from leukemia in the same way one of his cousins whom I also knew took his own life years earlier.

Losing a kid, especially when the kid's are so young, is a tough row to hoe. My worst experience ever, working in emergency medicine was when working in an ER, on first a 10 y.o. who was crushed under a car as he helped his mom change a flat....crushed by a drunk college girl. The boy died after over an hour of work, and then I got to go tend to the mom. It was hard, knowing what I did and what she would find out after she woke up from surgery.

FWIW, it takes a real a$$hat to proselytize and make flip comments at such news.

Sorry for your losses.

What do you do? I guess you just try to get on with life. I don't really think there's a clear answer. Everyone deals with loss differently.

It sucks, man.

roadhouse said:
definately not sure how this turned into a pissing contest so for a 56 year old, you have a lot to learn. thanks anyways.

Sorry if I came across as a pissing contest reply, that wasn't my intention, please forgive me, in my haste to write the post I cut it too short which came across harsh. I was trying to relay to the individual that sad as death and the occurring lost is all too unfortunate, but it occurs and we as people do go on and must go on.

cyberlegend1994 said:

i wish i had kept in touch with my bud, more closely as i just feel sick that he couldn't call, that things were that rough, that he was hurting that bad that he quite violently ended his own life instead of talking to me first or anyone which i'm sure in tongues he has throughout and down the line and on the other hand i'm terribley happy that he has no more pain to feel.

Froze said:
Sorry if I came across as a pissing contest reply, that wasn't my intention, please forgive me, in my haste to write the post I cut it too short which came across harsh. I was trying to relay to the individual that sad as death and the occurring lost is all too unfortunate, but it occurs and we as people do go on and must go on.

no worries and for the record he was was like a younger brother at one point, tough, fearless, fully respectfull, needy as well as hopeful, very thoughtful and helpful and i was helping him as much as he was me with his just being there and William, his son, would have been 6 this year, Chris himself would've been 30 and I, well, have a few years on Chris.

GT Fanatic said:
Sorry for your losses.

What do you do? I guess you just try to get on with life. I don't really think there's a clear answer. Everyone deals with loss differently.

It sucks, man.

yeah, it sucks is the tip of the ice burg of the endlessly nauseating and deep empty feeling in my gut but i am glad that i posted about it and got it off my chest a bit, that helps so thanks you guys.

Sorry for your loss. Telling someone to move on after a loss is alot easier to say then do unforunately. Make sure you get help if it gets you down to much. Speaking about it can help as you are doing now.

You decide that you can't lay down and quit because others depend on you. You take every opportunity to live and enjoy life friends and family.
You hope that you never have to go through such a life changing loss again not knowing if you will have the strength next time to survive.
I lost my son in 2001 so I know a little about these thing and that it will never be right in my mind but also know that "fair" is just a term and has little realistic application.
Take every moment as a gift and don't wait until tomorrow to do that thing you been meaning to do.

thanks 64 paramount, i appreciate it.

jhuskey, man, i don't know what to say except i'm terribley sorry to hear that about your son. you gave superb and sound advice, all of how people should live their lives regardless, thanks for that bud.

and i have a correction to make, Chris was younger than i thought, he would have only been 26 this year.

i still can't believe he's gone, it's just not right.

This is sad. It kind freaks you out when you hear things like this. It's like you kind of feel as if you were in touch with them maybe these things wouldn't of happened. Makes you think how important it is to stay in touch with good people.

This is really terrible. They say the good die young, couldn't be more true in this situation. There's so much pointless violence in this world, where it simply makes no sense at all. This man was someone that contributed to both his family and society. It's a real pity he had to leave this earthly plane, so young and in such a manner.

It's never easy bearing the loss of anyone you love, not even if death was expected. We have all lost someone along the way so I know the hurt. However, there are some that see death as nothing too big to care about others loss and they are the ones who are always more broken at the loss of someone very dear to them.