What do you guys all look like?

origanic said:
I believe we are counting at around 5 or 6 offers now :eek: So much choice of biking men!! Too bad I've got a boy here with me already :p But, I appreciate these interesting offers ;)

Add one more! Will you huh? Okay than I'll settle for a pic. :D

origanic said:
Hey, biking is done for me this year. My surrounding land is just a snowy heap! I'm resorted to my extremely boring trainer for the winter. We'll see. Anyone have ideas on making that trainer fun? I don't think it's possible!
We just had our first snow (in Sudbury) a few days ago and I plan to keep riding to work. Don't know how long that will last though...there isn't much on the ground right now.

origanic said:
Hey, biking is done for me this year. My surrounding land is just a snowy heap! I'm resorted to my extremely boring trainer for the winter. We'll see. Anyone have ideas on making that trainer fun? I don't think it's possible!

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT TRAINERS! I put my trusty old city bike hybrid (an 80's Univega with a few tweaks) in a fluid trainer stand, but I just can't get psyched up enough to do it regularly. I tried to do while watching reruns of CSI, but had a little better luck to rockin music. Here is a pic of the set up. The frame is long like a tourer (42" wheelbase) and tall like a racer. I put on a DA 50/39 x 172.5 crankset, a Deore BB, lightweight Nashabr seat post and a Koobie split center touring seat. The tires are Vittoria TT 28s. New grips and a mirror complete the inexpensive but comfortable day rider bike.

Hi, everybody, :)

Just joined cyclingforums recently, and I thought this would be a good thread to get started with... :)

A picture of me from my wedding day a few years back.

~bob
Columbia, MD, USA

Hi boys and pretty girls :)

This is my first post to this site. I am a 6´3", 35 years old roadie from Monterrey Mexico (as Cuervo, qihubo primo!). The pic I sent was taken 1 month ago in the desert during a 70 miles ride with my teammates (I am the second right to left).

BHman said:
origanic said:

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT TRAINERS! I put my trusty old city bike hybrid (an 80's Univega with a few tweaks) in a fluid trainer stand, but I just can't get psyched up enough to do it regularly. I tried to do while watching reruns of CSI, but had a little better luck to rockin music. Here is a pic of the set up. The frame is long like a tourer (42" wheelbase) and tall like a racer. I put on a DA 50/39 x 172.5 crankset, a Deore BB, lightweight Nashabr seat post and a Koobie split center touring seat. The tires are Vittoria TT 28s. New grips and a mirror complete the inexpensive but comfortable day rider bike.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, your set-up looks worse than mine - I hope you turn the bike from that wall - cool looking bike though - luckily where I live I can still get out now and again ..

BHman said:
origanic said:

What is the bike in your avatar? It looks like a Trek 400 series.

Nice Look. Is that a KG281? I just stripped my 281 to build my 381. The 381 is not as compliant due to the 1 1/8 steerer but still rides well.

Azonic said:
Some pics. Rather formal in the one, and about to start a regional TT in the 2nd one, riding my old Look carbon. New bike is a very gorgeous Cannondale, FSA Carbon cranks, AM 420 Wheels, carbon carbon carbon. My pride and joy.

Origanic, will you marry me? ;)

Hey guy! I'm from Wethersfield CT. Do you do any racing? Know any guys from Pig Iron? Just moved to Wethersfield from the other side of the river. It's hard to find good training routs this side. Time to get the map out!

velomanct said:
I will treat the ladies, here is me

One word. FANTASTIC!!

juf2m said:
Hopefully this attempt at putting up a pic will work! I am new so none of you have heard of me (except cydewaze who got me on here! LOL!) but I just completed my 6th ride today. :D I dont have any action shots of myself on a bike yet, so I'll put up a pic of me dancing instead.

High Gear said:
Nice Look. Is that a KG281? I just stripped my 281 to build my 381. The 381 is not as compliant due to the 1 1/8 steerer but still rides well.

I believe it to be a KG131 actually. Similar to this bike: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Colosseum/3641/lookkg131/. After that I had a KG231 which I rode for a few years. Eventually the KG131's condition was better than the KG231, so that was built up again, and recently the Cannondale purchase. Road cycling is just for training though, my real passion is with MTB racing. Got a few MTB's in the bike room :)

Susan Repp said:
Right then, I best get my pic up there .. the biking men around here are low to the ground ..

Well.....you see if there`s one thing us cycling dudes appreciate it`s cycling ladies. :D

Susan Repp said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, your set-up looks worse than mine - I hope you turn the bike from that wall - cool looking bike though - luckily where I live I can still get out now and again ..

I got tired of having a dark area to train. It is amazing what paint and a rug will do to brighten things up. A 27" TV with bike tapes help also.
Where are your photo's, Girls???????
Gary-Atlanta

quellet said:
I got tired of having a dark area to train. It is amazing what paint and a rug will do to brighten things up. A 27" TV with bike tapes help also.
Gary-Atlanta

dude, what does that rug smell like? don't you sweat all over it?

roundsquare1 said:
dude, what does that rug smell like? don't you sweat all over it?
Smells great! You can not see the large fan on the side. It will keep a sweathog from sweating on the rug.

rolfdevinci said:
Well.....you see if there`s one thing us cycling dudes appreciate it`s cycling ladies. :D

You know every time I try to post it tells me "too big" gosh that's nice .. tried to reduce and that doesn't seem to work. Yep, cycling dudes .. yummy!

quellet said:
Gary-Atlanta

Nice colour - my walls are enough to make you go blind - ORANGE! No rug though - does sweat make it smell like when a wet dog is in town?