What do you guys all look like?

I have yet to get a Giant roadie, but it is on the list. I have rebuilt and raced Giant's mountain bike frames for almost my whole carrer. The fleet bikes are a 92 Sedona(super custom) and an 01 XTC SE-2. Both are highly capable as are all of the ones I have reworked.
From what I can tell, you have the model I want to get. I was either going for a TCR or OCR.

Here is a picture of my trike, camping equipment, and the old fellow. Any one want to bike, slowly, about 600 miles this summer, let me know.
bentmiles
publisher www.bentmiles.com

It seems that Saeco'ligious vbmenu_register("postmenu_1771635", true); was making a statement that was intended to be constructive criticism. However, life has shown me that many folks, if not most, don't appreciate any type of criticism. But, name-calling is never professional or acceptable.

bentmiles

Publisher www.bentmiles.com

Conniebiker said:
I have yet to get a Giant roadie, but it is on the list. I have rebuilt and raced Giant's mountain bike frames for almost my whole carrer. The fleet bikes are a 92 Sedona(super custom) and an 01 XTC SE-2. Both are highly capable as are all of the ones I have reworked.
From what I can tell, you have the model I want to get. I was either going for a TCR or OCR.

"I was either going for a TCR or OCR."

FYI - for 2005 Giant has really expanded their lineup. The TCR series of bikes are the true race machines while the OCR line tend to be a little less aggressive. That said the OCR`s are available framed in carbon fiber or with carbon fiber seat and chain stays.

In other words Giant has really offered up lots of choices. Since you race MTB`s I`m guessing you will want to look at the TCR lineup. Might take a little getting used too but once you are comfortable with the road bike you will be golden. :)

rolfdevinci said:
"I was either going for a TCR or OCR."

FYI - for 2005 Giant has really expanded their lineup. The TCR series of bikes are the true race machines while the OCR line tend to be a little less aggressive. That said the OCR`s are available framed in carbon fiber or with carbon fiber seat and chain stays.

In other words Giant has really offered up lots of choices. Since you race MTB`s I`m guessing you will want to look at the TCR lineup. Might take a little getting used too but once you are comfortable with the road bike you will be golden. :)
Well, I'm lost. What/who is Giant?
bentmiles
publisher www.bentmiles.com

mjw_byrne said:
There's a massive thread in the "Cycling Equipment" forum where people send in pictures of their bikes....but what do the riders look like? Post up pictures of yourselves!

Just tried to insert a photo, but I can't get it too work. :confused: Sorry folks.

Margaret McC said:
mjw_byrne said:
There's a massive thread in the "Cycling Equipment" forum where people send in pictures of their bikes....but what do the riders look like? Post up pictures of yourselves!

Here is a photo of myselft with my baby Sly he'll be 10 years old in September this year. I think he looks cuter than my bike, and yes that is the footie in the background. I'm a recent convert to football, though I do tend to prefer serie A.
My son helped me to get the photo attached.

Conniebiker said:
I thought I was the only plane girl here;). I restore Stearman biplanes on a grass airstrip, ala 1950s style.
Yours is a lot faster:cool:
Ooh can I come visit?!! Richard Bach's writing about 'modern day barnstorming' and flying across the country in his old biplane are some of my favorites. When flying rich folk outta Sun Valley and San Diego gets old I think I will need to so some solo travel by ancient biplane....
In case there's any doubt, YOUR kind of flying is what I consider the 'real stuff.' Our learjet is a Push-Button-Go-Far machine, and while it's nice to takeoff with 7000 pounds of thrust and climb at 6,000 feet per minute, we can't smell the fresh mown grass of a country landing strip, or listen to the wind whip through the wires.....

Another photo I dug up for this forum...

Conniebiker said:
I thought I was the only plane girl here;). I restore Stearman biplanes on a grass airstrip, ala 1950s style.
Yours is a lot faster:cool:

Oh, COME ON!!! You gals are killin' me here. Especially you, Connie! :(

Grass strips, old radial engines, . . . . . . . . :( :-Þ:::::::::::::::::::

Just stared posting today so I only have one pic. Wow 42 pages.

Anyway... Roadie from Madison Wisconsin.

Nice to see you all.

Chump...

jhuskey said:
Of course this was taken early in the morning.

No! :eek: This one is a fake. This guy really lives in Pasco Washington. He's an asparagus farmer and rides a Honda CRF450. His name is Ewa. :p

Fendercrazy said:
No! :eek: This one is a fake. This guy really lives in Pasco Washington. He's an asparagus farmer and rides a Honda CRF450. His name is Ewa. :p

Wow! I had just about forgotten about that photo.

That was a year ago...but anyway Asparagus you say,damn won't be having that for dinner tonight.

jhuskey said:
I would have thought you were a little taller.
Hey, there's a lot of power in those tender little legs. And the generally slight profile makes me a knife in the wind...

lokstah said:
Hey, there's a lot of power in those tender little legs. And the generally slight profile makes me a knife in the wind...
Wouldn't want to draft behind ya. And I swore that was a Q Pro but I now see clearly that it's not, I'm loosing it.