What do you guys all look like?

Brad1711 said:
Beautiful LJ.
Ah thanks!! Yes, I am partial of course, but believe the Lear31 to be one of the more proportional and aesthetically pleasing of the bunch. Having winglets instead of tip tanks makes us look a little racier, though they make crosswind landings a b#tch!!

Good luck with your flying!

rolfdevinci said:
Dev chained to a desk as a hunt and peck 2 finger typist.......ugh!At least I have to get up to walk to the printer......... :eek:
Ah but at least you can get up from your desk!!

planegirlsb said:
Ah thanks!! Yes, I am partial of course, but believe the Lear31 to be one of the more proportional and aesthetically pleasing of the bunch. Having winglets instead of tip tanks makes us look a little racier, though they make crosswind landings a b#tch!!

Good luck with your flying!

Looks like a cross between a model 55 (Longhorn) and the 35. So do you get to use the drag chute?

cpa said:
Nice frontpage !
When's the rest coming ?

Hey!
I basically got the webpage so I could have a personalized e-mail address. I'll soon get some actual things up on the page, besides the frontpage of course! This summer, I'll get some photos of cycling etc. up!

Thanks!

concord said:
Looks like a cross between a model 55 (Longhorn) and the 35. So do you get to use the drag chute?
It is the Longhorn wing! On a 35 fuselage + a glass cockpit = the Lear31a. Ours has Thrust reversers instead of a drag chute.

planegirlsb said:
Hi,
Picture 3: the new baby, now that I'm "serious" about cycling
Sarah
Is that a Lemond Reno? I just bought a Reno for my gf last summer. She's liking it a lot.

cydewaze said:
Is that a Lemond Reno? I just bought a Reno for my gf last summer. She's liking it a lot.
Yes it is!! I am quite happy with it. Even though it's no top o' the line racing machine it fits and suits my current abilities pretty well right now- couldn't ask for much more! And it didn't break the bank, either.

How did you pick the Reno out of everything out on the market as the right bike for your Girlfriend?

planegirlsb said:
How did you pick the Reno out of everything out on the market as the right bike for your Girlfriend?
Funny story on that.

We have a GREAT local bike shop that's a Lemond dealer, and it's a 3-minute drive (literally) from my house. We also have a Performance that's 30-40 minutes away, and I wanted her to try some of the Performance brand bikes.

So we went to the LBS to try a few things, and she rode the Reno and a Tourmalet. We liked the Reno better, because even though it was $50 more, it had a carbon fork, stiffer frame, and fit her better because it was a Women's specific bike (she rides a 53cm Reno, and the Tourmalet was 51cm mens').

Then we went to Performance. She rode a Razza 4.0 and hated it. For some reason it handles really twitchy (I even tested it myself), and I think the super-short stem didn't help things much. It was also WAY out of adjustment because the Performance shops around here can't seem to find decent mechanics. Finally, the store manager offered us an incredible deal on an '04 Giant OCR 1 (Ultrgra/105 components) so we went with that. We got it home and she rode it and the front derailleur almost fell off (they left the bolt loose during the pre-sale inspection) so we returned it and bid them farewell.

We went to another bike shop along the way home, and she rode a few other things, but when we went back to our LBS and she re-rode the Reno after riding those others, she had to have it. She's done a few rides on it, including a 45-mile ride packed with short climbs, in the rain, and she's looking forward to this coming season.

It's her first serious bike. There's a pic of her on it a few pages back in this thread.

origanic said:
Hey!
I basically got the webpage so I could have a personalized e-mail address. I'll soon get some actual things up on the page, besides the frontpage of course! This summer, I'll get some photos of cycling etc. up!

Thanks!

Rethink your photo...it is lit really badly and is simply unflattering...

2 cents from an artist/designer

Saeco'ligious said:
Rethink your photo...it is lit really badly and is simply unflattering...

2 cents from an artist/designer

Who's obviously on crack - I think you look great!

Jon Packard said:
Who's obviously on crack - I think you look great!

Her photo contrast is off--it is underexposed on one side of the face and over exposed on the other....you sir, can sniff my 'crack' -- ******.

Saeco'ligious said:
Her photo contrast is off--it is underexposed on one side of the face and over exposed on the other....you sir, can sniff my 'crack' -- ******.

Oooh, ****** - feel better?

It's artistic, you simpleton.

:confused: :confused:

Um...
I don't know what I should say back to that!
Honestly, I don't care if you like my webpage front.

I do.

:rolleyes:

origanic said:
:confused: :confused:

Um...
Honestly, I don't care if you like my webpage front.

I do.

:rolleyes:

organic,
i seriously doubt whether this saeco'ligious guy has a web site of his own,
and even if he had, i seriously doubt ( yes, i know, im repeating myself) if he would post a picture of his ugly mug there.
personally, i think you've done a bloody brilliant job on your home page and cannot wait to see the rest of your site.
your's in cycling,
alan. :) :)

origanic said:
I'd say, "No one is forcing you to look at my webpage". :p

Actually, I kinda like that page (and I do web design for a living). I look forward to seeing it again after you've added some more content.

planegirlsb said:
Hi,
I'm new to the list and found this whole thread to be quite amusing- thought I'd join the ruckus!

Picture 1: before I got "serious" about cycling, when I just cruised 13 minutes to work and back every day (don't worry, now I have lycra!! just no photos of it, yet)
Picture 2: my office
Picture 3: the new baby, now that I'm "serious" about cycling

Tailwinds and smooth landings,
Sarah

Wow!!!

You must know what it means "it feels like flying" ...

Nice office, nice ride