what do you guys ride?

Hello everyone, being my first post here I would like say how happy I am to now be a member.

Now on topic, hopefully soon I will be riding on a 05' Trek 1000. Right now I am confined to training on a small, old mountain bike. Not exactlly fit for the road.

Looks like Carbon seatstays, Shimano PD520 clipless pedals, and, at the risk of stating the obvious, Velomax wheelset and Vittoria Rubino slicks. That's about all I can see.

sparknote_s said:
All I can tell from the pic is its got a carbon fork and ultegra shifters...what all's on it?

Carbon Fork
Ultegra Shifter
Ultegra Brakes
Velomax Circuit Wheels
Durace Rear Der.
Ultegra Front Der.
FSA Carbon Crank
And it does have a rear carbon triangle too

i got this for a awesome price too.........$1200

The bike normally sells for $1800

I still plan on updating some of the parts though

Virenque said:
Big superfluous amount of money?:rolleyes:

A job and a bank account that is seldom withdrawn from is a great way of saving money. Also i'm still at school so i don't pay taxes. If i can afford the best groupset, i will. Even if the sciroccos aren't as good as the Boras.

:( my bike was like 25 euro's, but it is fine bike rides good. And i blast people with expensive bikes with it>?But i keep wondering how the that comes?But i can life with it:D

OOO another felt! Looks good, I especially like the color.
Heres mine with the old wheels, I have the 2005 model now.
mybike1.jpg

babybirdie said:
OOO another felt! Looks good, I especially like the color.
Heres mine with the old wheels, I have the 2005 model now.
mybike1.jpg

sweet, i like the wheels!

those r some cool bikes!!

up until about next week, i will be riding an apollo slammer!!!
(ordinary non-racing bike)

yesterday i was given an old falcon racing bike (needs new tryes + inner tubes, a bit of maintenence, and maybe a bit more work, i don't know if the gears work yet, as i can't pump the tyres up, so i need a new pump, or that might be the inner tubes.)

Does anyone know any websites that could help me identify the bike?, coz i know nothing about it. all i know is that it was designed by ernie clements.

I have a Specialized Crossroads from around '97 or '98 with all stock components, except tires. I used to ride mountain trails with Specialized's Crossroads tires, but since I mainly ride streets now, I have a wider (700x38c) road tire.

Since the bike is probably 7 years old (and the rear shifter ratchet mechanism no longer works), I'm considering upgrading the components a bit.

theunixman said:
I have a Specialized Crossroads from around '97 or '98 with all stock components, except tires. I used to ride mountain trails with Specialized's Crossroads tires, but since I mainly ride streets now, I have a wider (700x38c) road tire.

Since the bike is probably 7 years old (and the rear shifter ratchet mechanism no longer works), I'm considering upgrading the components a bit.
Why use a 700x38c for roads, I use a 700x23c and might upgrade to a 700x20c in the future. I think you should get a new bike all together, you don't need anything fancy though. You can get a good beginer road bike for about $300.00. This is probably what you would spend on new components. I once tried to upgrade a older road bike but it seemed that when i replaced one part another would break.

good luck and consider what I have said, Cyclist 14

Cyclist14 said:
Why use a 700x38c for roads, I use a 700x23c and might upgrade to a 700x20c in the future. I think you should get a new bike all together, you don't need anything fancy though. You can get a good beginer road bike for about $300.00. This is probably what you would spend on new components. I once tried to upgrade a older road bike but it seemed that when i replaced one part another would break.

good luck and consider what I have said, Cyclist 14

This does seem to be the first thing people recommend I do. However, after trying several different bikes both on and off road (I've done quite a bit of both trails and streets), including full, seat, and rear-only suspension, I really like this bike.

The tires I'm still experimenting with. I got these because they were kevlar-lined and Los Angeles has pretty bad streets, while the other narrower tire options available at the bike shop weren't, and I've found that kevlar lining really does seem to reduce the time between tube fixes or changes.

I certainly would spend more than $300 and a lot of time on a new bike if I were to buy one, since it would likely take a lot to get a new bike feeling right enough for me to want to ride it, and it's far more convenient to spend quite a bit less on an expensive frame I won't like when I can buy the components on that frame and put them on a frame I do like.

Roberto badgio said:
those r some cool bikes!!

up until about next week, i will be riding an apollo slammer!!!
(ordinary non-racing bike)

yesterday i was given an old falcon racing bike (needs new tryes + inner tubes, a bit of maintenence, and maybe a bit more work, i don't know if the gears work yet, as i can't pump the tyres up, so i need a new pump, or that might be the inner tubes.)

Does anyone know any websites that could help me identify the bike?, coz i know nothing about it. all i know is that it was designed by ernie clements.
BE WARNED!!!!!:eek: I was given a Firenze GL 5000 in about the same condition and I invested $200.00+ in some new tires, a rear derailluer, Wheel truing and brake adjustment. I replace it on Thursday with a Nishiki Century that had Aero Rims, Shimano STI and a lot of other specialties. Its best to just get a new bike.:cool:

Cyclist14 said:
BE WARNED!!!!!:eek: I was given a Firenze GL 5000 in about the same condition and I invested $200.00+ in some new tires, a rear derailluer, Wheel truing and brake adjustment. I replace it on Thursday with a Nishiki Century that had Aero Rims, Shimano STI and a lot of other specialties. Its best to just get a new bike.:cool:
It wasn't actually as bad as I thought, the tyres and inner tubes were fine, it was just my pump, I've only needed to get a new seatpost, coz it was really small, and a new water bottle cage. I must have spent £7.50. It rides pretty well.

I've got a circa-1994 Cannondale touring bike. All Deore LX gadgets except the crankset (it's a 50/36/24, definitely not MTB). Sawed off flat handlebar with drop bar ends.

I'm going to have a Trek 2300 on order in January.

I ride a 1994 Specialized Allez upgraded to 9 speed Dura-ace/Ultegra. I built it myself and it is a 60cm and weights just under 19.5lbs. I dont have any plans to do anything else to this bike but I just bought myself a Peugeot off of the touring company were I work. It was the first bike I built it has 7 speed Sora with a 9 speed triple Ultegra crank. I hope to upgrade it to 9 speed Ultegra or 105 at least.

I also have a mid 70's Rickshaw from Thailand a "Golden Bird" with the ordimental metal work and wood work.

And I have about 10 other bikes but they are mostly beaters

Another bike that I want to buy it a Orbea Volata with 9 speed Campy Mirage. It isnt a 5900 but rides almost as good if not better in my mind.

Not sure if you guys ride fixed wheel tt bikes, but here is a picture of mine in the process, just need to put my new profile brakes and dura ace brakes.
Over here in NZ all our time trials tend to be dead flat, so fixed wheels like mine are pretty common. In the summer i use it for a pursuit bike, and then its my tt bike in the winter.
Its XL, but the seat is still sky high, given at 17years old im 6'4"

http://onfinite.com/libraries/254402/4af.jpg

4af.jpg