What do you guys think of BLOOD RED colored frames?

SunBurnt

Jun 12, 2004
Will a guy look funny on a BLOOD RED framed bike??
Are RED colored bike more suitable for ladies? ;)

SunBurnt said:
sunburnt, if you like the colour of the bike and you like how it handles, then get it. it really doesnt matter about anyone else's opinion on how a bike looks as long as you like it. :)

Who cares about the color besides you? I got my butt spanked last night in a ride by a big guy riding a pink C'dale. Go figure.

It's definitely personal choice. Hey - YOU'RE the one that will be paying for it, riding it, and has to live with the color, not the Fashion Police, right? ;)

But as far as a blood red, I don't care for it on a frame myself. My fave frame color is yellow, with some grey or black contrasts.

SunBurnt said:

as it will fade to pink in the sun it´s your choice

Look funny? Depends on the shade of red. "Super" Mario Cipolini didn't look funny on the Saeco Cannondales in their Viper Red colors. But judging on how many Italians like red cars, it might just be an Italian thing.

Wurm said:
It's definitely personal choice. Hey - YOU'RE the one that will be paying for it, riding it, and has to live with the color, not the Fashion Police, right? ;)

But as far as a blood red, I don't care for it on a frame myself. My fave frame color is yellow, with some grey or black contrasts.
couldnt agree more,thats exactly the colour scheme i have on my colnago, she's f**king gorgeous. :)

SunBurnt said:
Hey, color choice is personal, but I think blood red is a nice option. Wessie makes a good point -- it sure looks friggin' good under Simoni's butt, that's for sure. And I have a co-worker who rides a gloss Cabernet-fade Calfee, and he's a tough guy.

I'd say it's definitely a sultry, romantic color; there's a moderate danger of looking a little swishy... but only if you show fear, or doubt. Love that blood red, be proud of that blood red, and other riders will fear and admire you...

Of course, that's true of any paint job. The right attitude can make a bad 1980s paint-splatter paint job look deadly.

I have a blood red cannondale and i like it a lot.It is a bike you would not have a hard time seeing that can be a good thing if you do a lot of road riding.I would have bought the bike any way I really like the fit best bike I have ever had.Being bright blood red is just a plus to me.I have to admit most people who see it like it and the fact it is red.I kinda think red paint is faster that might just be me.Oh well ride fast and if you cant just ride.

ALAN OBRIEN said:
couldnt agree more,thats exactly the colour scheme i have on my colnago, she's f**king gorgeous. :)

Send it here - I'll take good care of it for you! Got any pics you can post of it?

I have a red ferrari...uh humm..bike. She looks killer with her carbon-fade -to-black fork...She looks mean and fast just sitting still...you just can`t look slow on a red/black bike...

Look mean,angry, and jet propelled even if you arent. Go red and turn heads. There is a reason why most sports cars are...RED!

Oh, and I am a woman...do red hot cars = feminine?
Really get what makes you feel the best, components/geometry and all that good stuff, the `look` should be icing on the cake...

e

SunBurnt said:
Jaw dropping, head turning, saliva inducing...

S E X A Y E ! !

Is that a custom paint job?
thanks for the compliments sunburnt, it isnt a custom job, its a standard LX14 colour scheme, which i believe colnago brought in this year (though i may be wrong). though i have to say that the picture on the colngo website does not do it justice.
ive had her for the last 5 mths and been very happy with her. my wife calls her my mistress and as the name suggests, she absolutley hates her. she says i spend too much time with the bike and not enough time with her.

but just look at the bike, would you blame me? :D
by the way sunburnt, whats your ride and what is it specced out with?

A blood red bike is gorgeous. I have only owned red bikes (maybe it is an Italian thing... :D ) until my current frame (white, with red highlights) but then again I got a good price...

Get the RED frame.

Yeah, women can be a bit like a jealous dog, but worse. My thankfully-now-ex-wife was the same way. Tell the wife to get a hobby. ;)

I like the paint on your 'nago Alan but I would not have so much white on there with the yellow - lightens up the effect too much for me.

Anyway - noice boik!

Here's a good lookin' scheme I think, just one of many:

ALAN OBRIEN said:
thanks for the compliments sunburnt, it isnt a custom job, its a standard LX14 colour scheme, which i believe colnago brought in this year (though i may be wrong). though i have to say that the picture on the colngo website does not do it justice.
ive had her for the last 5 mths and been very happy with her. my wife calls her my mistress and as the name suggests, she absolutley hates her. she says i spend too much time with the bike and not enough time with her.

but just look at the bike, would you blame me? :D
by the way sunburnt, whats your ride and what is it specced out with?

This is my first road bike :D

A Trek 1400. All stock. 105 group. Aluminum all round, except for the carbon fork.

Mostly blue+some black frame (= DULL) :eek:
if only it was red+black!!

The blood red one I was talking about is the Trek 1200, but its only Tiagra... so I went for the components instead of the *bling-bling* :D

For my daily commute, 3.5km to work (with a huge downhill.. Lucky me!), but on the way back, tough climb!

Road bikes are pretty expensive here (eg. Cannondales at least S$1000 more than Trek with the same group set) coz the market (Singapore) is small.

LBS here jack up the prices as they are only a handful around, and limited selection of models as well. SAD eh??

SunBurnt said:
Check out the R550 Scattante (the 105 bike) at Supergo.com. Its bright red. Very nice looking bike. Of course I'm biased, because I have one!:D