What do you guys think of Van Dessel

cycling_jedi

Aug 13, 2006
I have found a bike frame for sale and I think I can get a really good deal on it, but I was wondering if anyone might offer advice since I am new to cycling and dont know a lot about the industry yet.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with Van Dessel? That is the maker of the frame and their website is http://www.vandesselsports.com The bikes seem really nice.

I want start a project bike and this is one of the frames I am thining about buying. What do you guys think?

Oh and I am buying the frame second hand, but the seller said that it has never been used and the back of the frame is still wrapped up.

cycling_jedi said:
I have found a bike frame for sale and I think I can get a really good deal on it, but I was wondering if anyone might offer advice since I am new to cycling and dont know a lot about the industry yet.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with Van Dessel? That is the maker of the frame and their website is http://www.vandesselsports.com The bikes seem really nice.

I want start a project bike and this is one of the frames I am thining about buying. What do you guys think?

Oh and I am buying the frame second hand, but the seller said that it has never been used and the back of the frame is still wrapped up.
I thought he was great in ***...oh wait.. Van Dessel, not Vin Diesel. Serioulsy, they look fine. I would go with the Kermis. Nice looking bike and quality tubeset.

*** was actually his worst movie... Well maybe the pacifier but I didnt even bother watching that one.

Knockaround Guys... his best yet.

cycling_jedi said:
*** was actually his worst movie... Well maybe the pacifier but I didnt even bother watching that one.

Knockaround Guys... his best yet.
I thought he was great in Saving Private Ryan and his best performance that I've seen was in the Boiler Room. I used *** as just a reference point. Seriously, which model Van Dessel are you looking at? If I'm buying an Aluminum frame, I'm intested in ride quality and warranty. I have a $700 Pinarello aluminum frame that's way past the warranty. If I cracked it tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but it still rides and looks perfectly fine as a second bike. Make sure the geometry is suitable for you as well, top tube length, head and seat angles etc.

I have a country road bob. It is a great bike. I use it mostly for hauling stuff with a BOB trailer or going in to town. I took it into the mountains a few times, but being a singlespeed I can't recommend it. It was murder on the knees.
The frame is of excellent quality and the bike rides great.