What do you lift, ladies!

Any suggestions on how I can get them to loosen other than the normal stretching?[/QUOTE]
I'm not equus, but i can tell you the way to loosen Ham's is to stretch, stretch and stretch! I have the same problem, I cycle all the time, I teach and paly tennis, I spend all day as a painter and decorator on my feet and i have the tightest hams as a result. The best time to do a real good stretch is in your warm down, always do stretches after 15 mins of light/warm up activity-never stretch cold! After you've cycled or worked out take time out to warm down- i always walk on the treadmill for 20 mins-then i get on with the stretches and like with weights you can do more than one set. I hate stretchin, there's just no fun in it!

Hope that helps :)

i think 2 years have passed since last entry. but, here goes:

Stretching hams
warm up first.

be sure to hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds. release, repeat 10x.

Try this stretch:

lay on back. elevate one leg. use a strap on instep. keep leg straight. engage/tighten quad to stabilize. now, the key is to press down with your sacrum/lower abs to engage the stretch. hold 20-30 seconds. each repetition you may be able to bring your leg up further. repeat on other side. do 10 reps.

remember- you are where you are. anatomies vary and your ligaments may be short. no self-flogging allowed.