What do you think about Plastic surgery.

harshi

Jun 11, 2011
Hi everyone,
What do you guys think about plastic surgery? I am scheduled to do this from aventura plastic surgeon and want some advice, if you do this, which part of yourself would you change? Please don't be too harsh with other people's comments!
Thanks in advance.

I can see it to repair scarring from trauma, burns, and etc. or to repair some disfigurement, but otherwise I think it's a waste of money. All the work I've seen done just to make someone look "pretty" or "prettier", i.e. done for vanity's sake, looks fake. Unless the effects of some trauma were severe, I would never even think of doing it.

I can't see why you would want personal advice from total strangers. I've seen many examples of excellent results. And if you feel that this will make you happier, then go for it. Keep in mind that this may eliminate something that bothers you and that you feel may be holding you back in some way. But once it is changed, you won't have that as an excuse either.

"All the work I've seen done just to make someone look "pretty" or "prettier", i.e. done for vanity's sake, looks fake." But if it was a good job and didn't look fake, how would you know anything had been done?

It isn't the big deal or the stigma it was years ago. Absolutely nothing wrong with fixing or fixing up. Not that I know anything about the procedures or processes or the aventura plastic surgeons.... I don't know anything about any of it.

What I do know... is now I am older and I've gained weight that I am struggling to lose while I've lost hair I'd like to have back. I look worse now than ever before in my entire life. Yet my life is fuller and happier than ever before. It would appear to me... that attractiveness and happiness aren't related in any way.

Originally Posted by harshi .

if you do this, which part of yourself would you change?
I've thought a little bit about LASIK or laser eye surgery. The idea of not having to deal with glasses and contacts would be nice. And not having to buy those products would even "pay back" much of the cost. I am big believer in having any moles or irritating blemishes removed as a preventive measure, and have had a couple removed.

Because I am older, I have sagging skin in my neck and jaw areas. If I was to consider anything it would be a life lift type procedure.

I have considered getting my sex organ reduced in size but it is really more important to work on the internals. If you don't feel good you won't look good.

I'll only consider plastic surgery on any life threatening or life changing situations like if I got burned up so bad or if I get seriously scarred from an accident but other than that, I won't consider it more so for aesthetic or for beautification purposes.

I don't really want to change anything with my body, and I think I'll only undergo plastic surgery to repair something if I get cut or burns or any injury. I don't judge people for undergoing surgery for cosmetic purposes, but I personally won't do it.

Plastic surgery was created to fix genetic or traumatic body issues, not to fix vanity ones. Eventually, people decided to invest money on it, and the rest is history. What people don't consider, is that if you go under surgery, you will be exposed to any complication any surgery can cause, you will receive anesthesia, your nerves, organs, and all tissues will be exposed and can get contaminated, the complications are endless. So, my opinion, let surgery for something medically required, not just for some good looking fix.

Plastic surgery is more for women. According to a famous plastic surgeon here, women are vain that's why they resort to plastic surgery to prolong their youth. But for me, plastic surgery is only for critical situations like a heavy injury on the face like those burn victims. And to be assured of the doctor, check his track record and inquire from his previous patients.

My opinion is that it usually ruins already beautiful people. I mean you have gorgeous women (and some men too) who were already beautiful, but felt the need that they had to enhance themselves. When you see their before/after pictures, you can only think to yourself, "what a shame."

Obviously beauty is a subjective thing, but I've always felt people are most beautiful when they are who they naturally are. Don't get me wrong though, I know plastic surgery does have its place. Some people live their whole lives feeling insecure over aesthetic deformities, and I feel that they should definitely do what they think is necessary in order to lead more confident lives.

In the end, it's up to everyone to do as they will with their own body, so long as it makes them happy.

Maybe if I really need it or if my life is in danger, I will go for plastic surgery, but so far, and honestly first time to ask this question and I really don't know if I will undergo in a plastic surgery just to change any parts of my body.

Maybe if I really need it or if my life is in danger, I will go for plastic surgery, but so far, and honestly first time to ask this question and I really don't know if I will undergo in a plastic surgery just to change any parts of my body.[/QUOTE
Agree. As I said in my previous post, people don't understand that plastic surgery wasn't created for cosmetic use, but for medical help, like accidental deformations, burning, congenital diseases. But just like a lot of other things, people twisted the purpose for their own benefit, and now you can see the results. There are even teenagers that ask for **** job for their birthday, that's unbelievable.

I think the person who will undergo for plastic surgery for cosmetic or to make them looks pretty, will just confuse their future partner and kids about their looks. Specially their partner, they might think that there's a 3rd party on their relationship, because their kids looks different. LOL.

I think the person who will undergo for plastic surgery for cosmetic or to make them looks pretty, will just confuse their future partner and kids about their looks. Specially their partner, they might think that there's a 3rd party on their relationship, because their kids looks different. LOL.
Yeah, that definitely is a valid concern, lol. I think in some countries the partner has the right for the marriage to be voided if the other person wasn't honest about such things, in terms of how the kids will look.

Yeah, that definitely is a valid concern, lol. I think in some countries the partner has the right for the marriage to be voided if the other person wasn't honest about such things, in terms of how the kids will look.
I think there was a reported case about this in korea if I'm not mistaken. I wonder the feelings of their partner when they found out the wife looks like before the surgery. :)

I'm a bit odd on this subject, but I feel if God gave you what you have in the way of looks then you should feel good about what you have and live with it. For example, I never judged a woman for her breasts, in fact I dated women that were almost flat chested and thought they looked great. Obviously if you had some sort of awful accident or medical procedure or birth defect that left something disfigured then ok I'm good with that and could understand someone wanting that fixed, but natural looks is always better, besides wouldn't you want a person to be interested in who you really are and not someone your not? What kind of date would that person be if they're that shallow not to accept you the way you are?

Today's world everyone has to look like either Barbie or Ken even when their 90 years old! and the world expects that! That's not fair to expect that kind of perfection from even young people not alone when we age. In today's world women have to have big breast so they go see the surgeon, even guys are now hung up on this stuff and get fake muscles, and even fixes for the penis to make it larger. It all boils down to vanity, we should be secure enough in ourselves that however we look is just fine.

What I found funny in my old career was that I would get these gorgeous women that were gym rats with obviously surgically enhanced breast that bulged out of their dress clothes with short skirts or shorts all to impress male clients to buy whatever it is they're selling, and companies hired these women based on their looks and not selling abilities, and most of these women couldn't sell a glass of water to a person dying of dehydration! As much as it was nice from a male perspective of course to see them, a quick conversation soon showed just how shallow they were, and most weren't all that bright, nor could they sell. But companies that hired women like that knew that men are stupid and would stagger over themselves like they were drunk and buy whatever it was that the woman was selling. We live in a very strange world, but I have a feeling this sort of stuff has been going on for thousands of years, it's just in today's world we can surgically "improve" upon what God gave us. I don't know about some of you but I find that going under the scalpel is something I would rather avoid if possible, i just don't think that unnecessary, and even sometimes necessary surgeries is good for the body, though while a necessary surgery may be bad for the body to some degree it also may extend your life so you're willing to accept the bad to obtain a good.

See these images of famous people facelifts gone bad: https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/celebrity-plastic-surgery-disasters/

https://www.businessinsider.com/17-...uffy-face-is-reportedly-the-result-of-botox-3

Those above people were wealthy and could afford the "best" doctors and look what happened! I can't imagine some local plastic surgeon in a celebrity less city where skills won't be as important working on someone will make someone look like.

Everyone in America, and some other countries, want to compare themselves to others and feel they don't measure up, well I have one word for that...STOP! Instead find the things that are good about your body and be grateful, if you have to write down your positive attributes and your best features and tape it the mirror in the bathroom; recognize your strengths and celebrate them; perhaps get counseling and find out why you have such a lack of confidence in yourself and learn to deal with that.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...201407/10-ways-feel-better-about-how-you-look

If you start looking at yourself differently and learn to accept yourself for who you really are you'll save a bunch of money! LOL!!

At the moment, I feel fine with my whole parts of the body that I wouldn't be thinking of having any of the parts undergo plastic surgery. The good thing about that also is that it is a personal decision that once gotten right will benefit the person in question.