What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

In article <[email protected]>, Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...
> http://www.active-tunes.com/
>
> I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
> bike mount for iPod.

Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to have
tunes....

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_ [email protected]

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Gooserider@mouse-
> potato.com says...
>> http://www.active-tunes.com/
>>
>> I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system
>> and
>> bike mount for iPod.

> Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
> speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to
> have
> tunes....
>
> --
>
> __o Kristian Zoerhoff
> _'\(,_ [email protected]
> (_)/ (_)

The question I have is where or what do you do with the IPOD or MP3 player
or whatever.
They just have a earphone plug on the unit so the player has to be mounted
or affixed to the bike somewhere else.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> The question I have is where or what do you do with the IPOD or MP3 player
> or whatever.
> They just have a earphone plug on the unit so the player has to be mounted
> or affixed to the bike somewhere else.

Seat pack? That's where I'd put it. That, or strapped to my arm via the jogger-
holster I have.

The portable speakers I use have a built-in dock connector, making this moot.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_ [email protected]

Gooserider wrote:
:: http://www.active-tunes.com/
::
:: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
:: system and bike mount for iPod.

I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....

Old school. I MacGyvered something like that way back in the eighty's
Now I just tuck a pair of small amplified walkman speakers into the side
pouches of my handlebar bag.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:45:19 GMT, "Gooserider"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.active-tunes.com/
>
>I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
>bike mount for iPod.

Two reactions:

I'm really going to risk a $300 iPod on a crappy plastic mount like
that? NFW!

If they're loud enough to be heard over street noise, they're louder
than I want to hear as I ride past. Just what we need; the boom-box
wars moving to bikes.

There's enough noise in the world now. Don't make more.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Artoi wrote:
:: In article <[email protected]>,
:: "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:
::
::: Gooserider wrote:
::::: http://www.active-tunes.com/
:::::
::::: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
::::: system and bike mount for iPod.
:::
::: I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....
::
:: Looks like Apple's new iPod shuffle could come in very handy for this
:: purpose.

Yeah, that tiny thing is just dandy!