What do you think of 16 inchers?

Carolyn wrote:
> Hah, if only you had written it like that the first. Now you're just
> killing it.

Well, I didn't want to be TOO "suggestive", but not everybody got it
anyway, (hard to believe!) so no biggie...whoops, there I go again!:D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Mostly what John Childs says covers it all.

I have a 12" uni that's used for shows. It was made from a high-end
child's bike, which means it's stronger than most other 12" wheels, but
I'm still a lot heavier than what it was designed for, so I try to be
nice to it. It's hard to beat it up much as the seat is only a few
inches above the tire. It's supposed to be funny.

My experience with 16" wheels is that the pedals still hit the ground
all the time, unless you put on really short cranks. This will inhibit
your learning of some skills. Plus, you'll still be on a wheel that's
made for kids only. In the 20" arena there are tons of choices of rims,
spokes, tires, etc. which is not the case for 12", 16", or 24" for that
matter.

My 20" has 110mm cranks on it, which I consider too short for learning
many types of tricks, or for my style of riding. I used to have 125s,
which are a bit long. I should have some 114s on there. 125s will hit
the ground as well, but only when turning fairly sharp. The short
cranks are great for rolling and spinning tricks, which is perhaps best
exemplified by the videos of Japanese Freestylers that you can find out
there.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

terrybigwheel wrote:
> Well, I didn't want to be TOO "suggestive", but not everybody got it
> anyway, (hard to believe!) so no biggie...whoops, there I go again!:D

You're an idiot. But funny.

Thanks Johnfoss... I think I'm going to hold off on getting anything
for now, though a small uni would be awesome for show/performing. I'll
have to think about if I want to invest in small cranks and all....

Actually, who am I kidding, I'm still working on riding in straight
lines and getting over really cracked patches of sidewalks. I probably
don't need two unicycles yet!

-carolyn

--
Carolyn
Carolyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11436

Carolyn wrote:
> You're an idiot. But funny.

And "idiot" AND funny. Gee, thanks!:D

--

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:54:47 -0500, terrybigwheel wrote:

>I asked that same question to my GF not long ago. Her reply was, "there
>ok, but I'm just as happy with your 12". :cool:

So, who's 16" has she ridden then? :)

Klaas Bil wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:54:47 -0500, terrybigwheel wrote:
>
> >I asked that same question to my GF not long ago. Her reply was,

> "there
> >ok, but I'm just as happy with your 12". :cool:

> So, who's 16" has she ridden then? :)

Mine, before I had is shortened! (Burn!):cool:

--

Carolyn wrote:
> Face it Terry, you lost.

Ok I'll face it.:( I just hope I can recover from a such a devastating
loss! Now for a nice of slice of chocolate cake and a cup of java to
start the morning...mmmmm, good!:)

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

...wow, this thread went from a legit debate over wheel circumfrence to
a running penis joke. oh well, made me laugh. my brother
(1tiredmarine) just upgraded to a 24" after learning on a 16" sun.
it's in my posession now (he's getting deployed) and i hate it. it
feels like a toy and it's not efficient. i don't think it would
perform well for freestyle or anything accept novelty use. i certainly
wouldn't spend money on one.

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect