What do you think of these MTB Tires?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mr. Knowitall, May 14, 2003.

  1. http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.

    They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly for XC
    with some downhill use as well.

    Thanks in advance.

    Jason

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    >
    > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly for
    > XC with some downhill use as well.

    Pretty heavy for a 2.0 Kevlar-bead tire, IMO.

    Bill "Mr. Knownotitall" S.

  3. Bignose

    Bignose Guest

    Tire usage is a complex question, this tire is well liked by those who have tried it. It was
    designed by Danny Sotello (Love, Smoke, Dart, Porc and many others). It is a higher traction tire
    with flexible enough edging blocks to allow controlable sliding. Small but firm center blocks rool
    well and with good adge area they have good multi directional traction. Tires are like new food, you
    will never know until you try, and no one can eat the same thing everyday.

    Ciao Josh "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    >
    > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly for
    > XC with some downhill use as well.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Jason

  4. "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    >
    > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly for
    > XC with some downhill use as well.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Jason

    Jason D.?

  5. "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    > >
    > > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly
    > > for XC with some downhill use as well.
    >
    > Pretty heavy for a 2.0 Kevlar-bead tire, IMO.
    >
    > Bill "Mr. Knownotitall" S.

    It may be Mr. Bill, but I'm not the sort of guy who worries about 100-grams. If I were, I'd quit
    drinking beer and loose a few thousand grams. My bike's pretty damn heavy anyway, and I'd never
    notice the difference.

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    > >
    > > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly
    > > for XC with some downhill use as well.
    >
    > Pretty heavy for a 2.0 Kevlar-bead tire, IMO.
    >
    > Bill "Mr. Knownotitall" S.

    I agree that they are a bit porky in the weight department. They also seem to have MTB tire
    tolerance problems at Vittoria as far as the tires being "uneven" weight-wise and tend to be wobbly
    at higher speeds.

    JD

  7. "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Mr. Knowitall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=8386 is the only place I've seen then.
    > >
    > > They are Vittoria Kudu XCR ATB tires. The tread is a cool looking, yet an unusual pattern. What
    > > would this tire be good/bad for? I'm looking for an all-purpose tire that will be used mostly
    > > for XC with some downhill use as well.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Jason
    >
    > Jason D.?