What do you think of this racer?

Tedcase

May 31, 2011
Im looking at this bike on e-bays

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TemanTX-1000-Racing-Bike-Shimano21Gears-Alloy-4-colours-/220845330950?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&var=&hash=item791547e5d9

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it, I dont really know what to look for with regards to road/racing bikes. I certainly dont mind downtube shifters.

The thing is, I just had my beleoved classic racer stolen, which i am absolutely devestated about, However it has given me an excuse to get myself a new one.

I do love my cycling, and am interested in doing another triathlon, so a racer is essential. The problem is i am also incredibly poor at the moment.

So yeah, Please, any experts let me know what you think of that bike. I know its not from a well known company or anything, and I would love a cannondale, Fuji, Or Viking, or even an apollo, but I simply cannot afford one, so if that one will at least last me for a while, It will suffice.

Thanks!

If this is the only new bike you can afford, buy a used one. I see nothing but discomfort and mechanical trouble for you if you try to train on one of these. The trouble indicators are ungainly frame geometry, uncomfortable-looking handlebar and saddle, discount store componentry, wheels laced two-cross with cheap, non-quick-release 7-speed freewheel hubs, and clueless assembly by the seller.