What do you think the wholesale is on this bike:

vegasbabee

Mar 20, 2005
A Scott Cr1 Pro 2005 with full Ultegra. Usually sells for $3300 and most places have them on sale for $2699 but I saw one online bike store that has the triple version on sale for $2319.99.

Any help from LBS owners would be appreciated on this. I know that it sounds like I'm trying to steal one from my LBS and believe me if it was an '06 I wouldn't even try to dicker, but I feel that I helping them move some dead wood since bike season is just around the corner.

Would an offer of $2000 cash + tax be that absurd? :confused:

vegasbabee said:
A Scott Cr1 Pro 2005 with full Ultegra. Usually sells for $3300 and most places have them on sale for $2699 but I saw one online bike store that has the triple version on sale for $2319.99.

Any help from LBS owners would be appreciated on this. I know that it sounds like I'm trying to steal one from my LBS and believe me if it was an '06 I wouldn't even try to dicker, but I feel that I helping them move some dead wood since bike season is just around the corner.

Would an offer of $2000 cash + tax be that absurd? :confused:
Apparently the average profit margin on a bike is around 36%? 36% off the $3,300 price-tag (assuming that's MSRP) would make the cost price about $2,100. So $2K seems a bit low. On the other hand, applying an LBS model to an online sales channel probably isn't accurate. Online distributors don't have all the costs that LBS' do.

Source: http://nbda.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=70