What do you think?

Kris Lamontagne

Guest
What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

"Kris Lamontagne" <klamontagne**@agricoreunited.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

Bought my youngest daughter a Boulder last year, and just bought my eldest daughter a Terrago FS3 a
couple of weeks ago. (Expensive birthdays!) They seem well specced for the price and my LBS assures
me that Giant deal well with any faults which may occur. As far as I can tell, they ride as well as
my Specialized Rockhopper, but the frame doesn't look as strong, so I suppose it depends what you
are going to do with it.

Don't buy one just on my recommendation, though, wait for some more knowledgeable people to
answer . . .

Twohat (because two heads are better than one)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:23:42 GMT, Kris Lamontagne <klamontagne**@agricoreunited.com> wrote:

>What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

Budget dollar for dollar, Giant make good bikes. The key to decent mountain bike performance, ie:
reasonable reliability and capability, lies within a spend window irrespective of which brand you
buy. The boulder lies outside & beneath that spend window.

Giant's Boulder SE is a nice bike, but basic. If that's your budget limitation, then you won't find
much better for the same money IME&O. You might want to re-evaluate and spend a little more
initially if you actually plan to take your bike MTBing or off-road regularly.

Iguana Bwana

Kris Lamontagne wrote:
> What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

My wife rode one utill I "upgraded" her to a Gary Fisher steel frame. For the price it was a good
entry-(low/mid)level bike.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:23:42 GMT, Kris Lamontagne <klamontagne**@agricoreunited.com> wrote:

I don't think, therefore I'm not.

Bill

:-]

> What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

Good product (NRS1). Quite durable, and I have beat the ELP out of mine.

I ride and race XC with a 2002 Giant Iguana frame. Its sweet, stiff, and pretty strong for me
(145lbs), and i am pretty rough on it. Nothing else is stock, but thats just in my pursuit of
weight. My next ride is an NRS. Giants' rock.

"Kris Lamontagne" <klamontagne**@agricoreunited.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

"Kris Lamontagne" <klamontagne**@agricoreunited.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What do you think of Giant? I'm looking into a Boulder SE.

Giant receives a thumbs up from me. Can't comment on the the Boulder but my NRS2 is holding together
very well.

Westie