General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

What doctor do I need to say?

Started by Chatfree · · Last activity · 4 posts · 585 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 May 2004
Last activity
23 May 2004
Original author
Chatfree
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
585
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My speech became rather stuttered on Nov. 10, 2003. On Nov.
    11 I went to the emergency room of local hosptital and was
    diagnosed with a stroke. Then I was administered clonidine
    0.2 mg for high blood pressure. After taking the pills, I
    was sweating a lot, very dizzy, and numbed on my body. My
    blood pressure dropped from 176/127 to
    128/87 in 16 minutes, according to my hospital chart.

    After some time my condition improved. The numbness started
    to leave, too. But then the recovery came to an end, when
    much of the numbness on the right side of my body was still
    with me. It has stayed. I have been suffering a lot from it.

    I left the hospital after three days. Since then I've seen 4
    neurologists, totally 10 visits, as I thought the numbness
    was related to stroke. But on May 19 the 4th neurologist
    told me that my body problem, though caused by the
    clonidine, was not neurological, as the CT or MRI films of
    my brain did not show that the areas corresponding to my
    body were affected by a stroke. He didn't know what doctor I
    have to see next about my body sufferings.

    If anyone has idea on what doctor I have to go to, please
    let me know. Thanks.

    [email hidden]

  2. Your primary care doctor should either be able to help you
    with this problem yourself or refer you to the proper
    specialist. Perhaps a change in medication would help (I am
    not sure) or a referral to a neurologist or another
    specialist who as expertise in this area.

    But the primary care doc is the first step.

    Jeff

  3. The title is wrong. Should be: What doctor do I need to see?

    [email hidden] (chatfree) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    My speech became rather stuttered on Nov. 10, 2003. On
    Nov. 11 I went to the emergency room of local hosptital
    and was diagnosed with a stroke. Then I was administered
    clonidine 0.2 mg for high blood pressure. After taking the
    pills, I was sweating a lot, very dizzy, and numbed on my
    body. My blood pressure dropped from 176/127 to
    128/87 in 16 minutes, according to my hospital chart.

    After some time my condition improved. The numbness
    started to leave, too. But then the recovery came to an
    end, when much of the numbness on the right side of my
    body was still with me. It has stayed. I have been
    suffering a lot from it.

    I left the hospital after three days. Since then I've seen
    4 neurologists, totally 10 visits, as I thought the
    numbness was related to stroke. But on May 19 the 4th
    neurologist told me that my body problem, though caused by
    the clonidine, was not neurological, as the CT or MRI
    films of my brain did not show that the areas
    corresponding to my body were affected by a stroke. He
    didn't know what doctor I have to see next about my body
    sufferings.

    If anyone has idea on what doctor I have to go to, please
    let me know. Thanks.

    [email hidden]

  4. you need an internal medicine or family medicine physician.
    your blood pressure needs to be controlled.

    "chatfree" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The title is wrong. Should be: What doctor do I need to
    see?

    [email hidden] (chatfree) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My speech became rather stuttered on Nov. 10, 2003. On
    Nov. 11 I went to the emergency room of local hosptital
    and was diagnosed with a stroke. Then I was administered
    clonidine 0.2 mg for high blood pressure. After taking
    the pills, I was sweating a lot, very dizzy, and numbed
    on my body. My blood pressure dropped from 176/127 to
    128/87 in 16 minutes, according to my hospital chart.

    After some time my condition improved. The numbness
    started to leave, too. But then the recovery came to an
    end, when much of the numbness on the right side of my
    body was still with me. It has stayed. I have been
    suffering a lot from it.

    I left the hospital after three days. Since then I've
    seen 4 neurologists, totally 10 visits, as I thought the
    numbness was related to stroke. But on May 19 the 4th
    neurologist told me that my body problem, though caused
    by the clonidine, was not neurological, as the CT or MRI
    films of my brain did not show that the areas
    corresponding to my body were affected by a stroke. He
    didn't know what doctor I have to see next about my body
    sufferings.

    If anyone has idea on what doctor I have to go to,
    please let me know. Thanks.

    [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.