What does Bobke have against Floyd?

yeahyeah

Guest
So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".

WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

On 16 Jul 2006 19:09:45 -0700, "yeahyeah" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
>give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
>back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
>When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
>"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".
>
>WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
>is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

Which is a shame when you see how much of a nicer guy Landis is
compared to the UberAssHole known as LA.

yeahyeah wrote:
> So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
> give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
> back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
> When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
> "if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".
>
> WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
> is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

And I thought it was just me who was imagining Roll's 'tude re: Floyd.
I guess others have seen it, too.

Keith wrote:
> Which is a shame when you see how much of a nicer guy Landis is
> compared to the UberAssHole known as LA.

Landis? You mean the guy you called a "chump" just a few days ago?

We've pretty much decided to watch the am broadcast that we tivo. Bob
comes out with too many inane, non-answers to Al's questions during the
"expanded prime time coverage." Plus Bob has definitely drank too much
Lance koolaid. Phil and Paul are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above
Bob.

Linda Lou wrote:
> We've pretty much decided to watch the am broadcast that we tivo. Bob
> comes out with too many inane, non-answers to Al's questions during the
> "expanded prime time coverage." Plus Bob has definitely drank too much
> Lance koolaid. Phil and Paul are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above
> Bob.
>
> yeahyeah wrote:
> > So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
> > give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
> > back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
> > When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
> > "if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".
> >
> > WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
> > is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

Dumbass -

I haven't had a TV for 5 years, but this year finally got OLN for the
summer.

The coverage is vastly improved over what it used to be. One may not
agree w/ the opinions expressed by Trautwig and Roll, but at least they
know enough to *have* an opinion. The scrubs they used to put on the
commentator team knew nothing about the sport and they would blather on
and on about the wine country and castles and such. It was almost more
a show for tourists, scenery enthusiasts and fans of sunflower fields
than it was for a bike race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> One may not
> agree w/ the opinions expressed by Trautwig and Roll, but at least they
> know enough to *have* an opinion.

plus bobke is also broadcasting in sign language.

in message <[email protected]>, Linda
Lou ('[email protected]') wrote:

> We've pretty much decided to watch the am broadcast that we tivo. Bob
> comes out with too many inane, non-answers to Al's questions during the
> "expanded prime time coverage." Plus Bob has definitely drank too much
> Lance koolaid. Phil and Paul are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above
> Bob.

If Bob has (as alleged elsewhere) his head up Lance's fundament, I don't
think I'd want to be head and shoulders above him. Just personal
preference, you understand...

Just as defying the law of gravity through building aircraft requires
careful design and a lot of effort, so too does defying laws of
economics. It seems to be a deeply ingrained aspect of humanity to
forever strive to improve things, so unquestioning acceptance of a
free market system seems to me to be unnatural. ;; Charles Bryant

amit.ghosh wrote:
> plus bobke is also broadcasting in sign language.

Has ewoud been giving him lessons ?

On 16 Jul 2006 19:43:01 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>> Which is a shame when you see how much of a nicer guy Landis is
>> compared to the UberAssHole known as LA.

>Landis? You mean the guy you called a "chump" just a few days ago?

For allowing himself to finish 15 minutes down in the DL, yes, hat was
a comment about his racing, not about his character, dummy.

Could it be that Al's questions are totally stupid? I think so. Al's a turd.

news:[email protected]...

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Dumbass -
>

> I haven't had a TV for 5 years, but this year finally got OLN for the
> summer.
>
> The coverage is vastly improved over what it used to be. One may not
> agree w/ the opinions expressed by Trautwig and Roll, but at least they
> know enough to *have* an opinion. The scrubs they used to put on the
> commentator team knew nothing about the sport and they would blather on
> and on about the wine country and castles and such. It was almost more
> a show for tourists, scenery enthusiasts and fans of sunflower fields
> than it was for a bike race.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Oh c'mon, admit it. Your favorite year was when ABC hired Pierre
Salinger as a correspondant. We didn't need to know the details of bike
racing, but we sure as heck needed to know about wine and cheese.

On 16 Jul 2006 19:27:23 -0700, "Scott" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>yeahyeah wrote:
>> So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
>> give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
>> back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
>> When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
>> "if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".
>>
>> WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
>> is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

>And I thought it was just me who was imagining Roll's 'tude re: Floyd.
>I guess others have seen it, too.

A possible hint is his uber cool ghetto fab fashion statement of
wearing not one, but two Livestrong bracelets, one on each wrist. Now
there's a trend in the making, I wager

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> writes:

> ...Trautwig...

Noticeable improvement over last year. Seems to understand quite
a bit more about the sport & tactics.

-Gerard

PS: Kirsten Gum MIA?

Doug Taylor wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2006 19:27:23 -0700, "Scott" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>yeahyeah wrote:
>>
>>>So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
>>>give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
>>>back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
>>>When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
>>>"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".
>>>
>>>WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
>>>is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

>>And I thought it was just me who was imagining Roll's 'tude re: Floyd.
>>I guess others have seen it, too.

> A possible hint is his uber cool ghetto fab fashion statement of
> wearing not one, but two Livestrong bracelets, one on each wrist. Now
> there's a trend in the making, I wager

I don't think he HATES Floyd... I have to admit that while I like
Flandis I'd have liked to see one of the euros win the tour this year,
after seven years of american victory. OTOH, how many more tours is poor
floyd going to be able to DO, let alone win, with an artificial hip?
yes, lance won and he only has one ball...I'm sure someone will mention
that somewhere down the line.