What does every one think of the 2005 model Tommaso road bikes?

Briguy

Aug 25, 2004
looking for a good entry level bike. If given the choice would you even consider the Tommaso brand? Seems like such a good deal on ebay with the buy it now option. What is getaway bikes reputation like? I was considering the Tommaso AS1 for $699. If you had $700 or so dollars would you consider this bike? Thanks for your input!

Briguy said:
looking for a good entry level bike. If given the choice would you even consider the Tommaso brand? Seems like such a good deal on ebay with the buy it now option. What is getaway bikes reputation like? I was considering the Tommaso AS1 for $699. If you had $700 or so dollars would you consider this bike? Thanks for your input!

Regardless how much I have to spend, when I need a new bike, I go my my LBS where I can ride the bike first and compare it to others in the price range. Then I can get it properly fitted and get post-sales support.

On the other hand, Tommaso sounds like an Italian name, so it should be pretty good.

FWIW, the websites for Tommaso, Windsor and Mercier are owned by the same enterprise that is getawaybikes.com.

i suspect that all frames are made in Asia, perhaps in the same factory. The components are all good brands/models. Maybe it's just a good deal on an inexpensive import bicycle.

I wonder what they mean by:

Tommaso not only uses high end componentry but also builds the AS1 with Easton Ultra Lite tubing which is made in the USA.

The tubing is made in the USA but it is welded in Taiwan? What I like is that they claim that it weighs 18.5 lbs. Can you find a bike this light for $700?