What does "FS" refer to on an MTB

Mike

Guest
Hi,
Have a Schwinn High Timber 26" wheels - FS.

Just curious to know what, 'FS' , is...good, bad, outdated, or does it
mean anything at all??

Thanks...always..for the great hep I'm getting as a Tyro!

Mike

Mike wrote:
> Hi,
> Have a Schwinn High Timber 26" wheels - FS.
>
> Just curious to know what, 'FS' , is...good, bad, outdated, or does it
> mean anything at all??
>
> Thanks...always..for the great hep I'm getting as a Tyro!
>
> Mike

Usually 'fs' refers to Full Suspension a shock fork and a shock for the
rear wheel.

Ken
--
A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin
edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs

Homepage: http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/

Ken C. M. wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Have a Schwinn High Timber 26" wheels - FS.
>>
>> Just curious to know what, 'FS' , is...good, bad, outdated, or does it
>> mean anything at all??
>>
>> Thanks...always..for the great hep I'm getting as a Tyro!
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Usually 'fs' refers to Full Suspension a shock fork and a shock for the
> rear wheel.

In the early days of modern bicycle suspension there were several models
where it just meant Front Suspension. In the case of the High Timber it
appears to designate between rigid fork and suspension fork.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Ken C. M. wrote:
>
>> Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Have a Schwinn High Timber 26" wheels - FS.
>>>
>>> Just curious to know what, 'FS' , is...good, bad, outdated, or does it
>>> mean anything at all??
>>>
>>> Thanks...always..for the great hep I'm getting as a Tyro!
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>

>> Usually 'fs' refers to Full Suspension a shock fork and a shock for
>> the rear wheel.
>>

> In the early days of modern bicycle suspension there were several models
> where it just meant Front Suspension. In the case of the High Timber it
> appears to designate between rigid fork and suspension fork.

Ah my bad, thanks for the history lesson.

Ken
--
A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin
edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs
become dogs again and snap at your raincoat; potholes become personal.
And getting there is all the fun. ~Bill Emerson, "On Bicycling,"
Saturday Evening Post, 29 July 1967

Homepage: http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/

I was JOGGING in a bike lane a few years ago, and I met another idiot
coming at me that was DRIVING.in the bike lane. BOTH ILLEGAL in my
town.

We met head on because he zipped around the corner on a red light,
into the bike lane, trying to use the bike lane as an means of
acceleration to get into the traffic flow.

I spent a week in the hospital and a year of crippling pain.

I sued him, but the court decided that it was a matter of CONTRIBUTORY
NEGLIGENCE because we were both illegal. So I only got HALFof what I
could have gotten.

I offer this as a warning to Moms with strollers, people walking,
running, and driving in the bake lane. THE BIKE LANE IS FOR BIKES.
PERIOD! FINITO!

Check YOUR town, maybe you could finally get rid of the idiots walkers,
runners, joggers, etc.

Never knew it? The FS- desination on a bike could be FULL-SUSPENSION,
or it could be FRONT SUSPENSION.

How 're we to know which when reading bike descriptions?