what does oln stand for?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Michael Green, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. See in the context of rear wheels, oln given in mm presumably the distance between the dropouts.
    Usually 130 or 135; occasionally 120. Road MTB and older road? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. OLN = Outdoor Life Network. :) OLD is the dimension you're thinking of.

    Joe

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 26 Dec 2002 09:56:21 -0800, [email protected] (Michael Green) wrote:

    >oln given in mm

    Over locknuts - width between outer faces of the locknuts on the hub.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Perhaps for those anamoured of the conventional OLN stands for most anything *they* want.

    I ride a single bike with a160 mm OLN rear hub, know what OLN stands for and pay attention to its
    proper use. I'm not going to spend nearly a thousand bucks with some one that misuses the language
    or (NOT and) makes TOO close an association between hub dimensions and number of cogs.

    news:[email protected]...