What EMERGENCY equipment do you carry

peanutjar said:
Wondering what other folks carry with them on rides:
On a general road ride I'll carry a spare tube, a couple of self adhesive patches, two plastic tire irons and either a CO2 inflator(2 cartridges) or pump. That and some cash to buy a bit of food along the way if I go longer than planned. BTW, dollar bills make killer sidewall boots if you get a sidewall slash and need to get home as do mylar power bar wrappers doubled over on themselves.

I've broken more than one chain or snapped rear derailleurs on mountain bike rides so then I tend to carry a small chain breaker and maybe a couple of choice allen wrenches in the mountain bike kit in addition to the stuff above.

-Dave

a cell phone

2 tubes and 2 CO2 cartridges (3 for century rides)

small pump that doubles as nozzle for the CO2 cartridges

tools for changing the tire

money

ID and medical insurance card

peanutjar said:
Wondering what other folks carry with them on rides:

I am a ROAD rider
I am a MOUNTAIN/TRAIL rider
SPARE TUBE with LEVERS & PUMP
TOOLS or MULTI-TOOL (only on trail)
TUBE patch kit
MONEY
ENERGY BAR/GEL/MIX etc
mobile phone in plastic bag
shock pump (sometimes on trail if I want to fiddle with the ride)
water (not sports drink - leaves your teeth covered with sugar, bad for 'em)

li rider said:
a cell phone

2 tubes and 2 CO2 cartridges (3 for century rides)

small pump that doubles as nozzle for the CO2 cartridges

tools for changing the tire

money

ID and medical insurance card
Road biking,

The same as these but also carry a chain breaker and spoke spanner. Only used the spoke spanner once, the chain breaker has come in handy a couple of times for me and other stranded cyclists! Rides are usually between 40-100 miles!

Topeak carbon mini pump, a tube (2 on long solo rides), a couple peel-n-stick patches, Park spoke wrench, a Park tire boot, $20, a Park mini-tool hex key set, a schraeder/presta adapter, a plastic tire iron, a cell phone, a small knife with one blade, and a Hungarian FEG PA63 9mm x 18mm Makarov pistol.

Pump
patch kit
tire levers
mini tool
tube
cell phone
latex gloves
driver's licence
$/cc
2 power bars/gels

I ride as far as 40 miles away from home, but still near an urban area.

I am a road rider.

I carry: 1 tube, 1 patch kit, 1 multi tool (currently the topeak thingie), tire levers, a cell phone and a few Euro (5 or 10).

Along with a mini-pump mounted to the frame and one water bottle for rides under 50 km and two for longer or hotter rides.

I am a road rider.

I carry a spare tube, patch kit, CO2 inflator with extra cartridge, three prong hex key, 2 plastic tire tools, small phillips screwdriver, convertable cable with small nipper, spoke wrench, cell phone, $1.00 in coins and $20+ in smaller denominations, ID/Drivers License, 2 water bottles, and fruit in my jersey pockets. I also keep several spare spokes with nipples in the seat tube.

I prefer to ride in fairly desolate areas so I either transport my bike to a starting point or ride through the suburban jungle to get to where I like to ride. Average ride is 40 miles, more on the weekends, less in cold weather.