What ever happened to????

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, May 16, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by his
    buds from the home security groups.

    Tags:

  2. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Beth still posts here occasionally. But it is funny that you mentioned them. Some (like Bob Cardone and Jeff Cowan) I had been thinking about yesterday... wondering where they were.

    Derek

  3. That guy in Florida would be Robert Bass and he got married, which does not really have anything to
    do with his not appearing here (unless) the honeymoon has been far better than anything any of us
    here could imagine re: no time or inclination to ride. As for Beth F. she is in Alaska with her
    dogs...hmmm that doesn't sound right, think she said she was taking a vacation from ARBR till the
    snow melted. Was Cajun Girl the one with the 1980 El Camino (unfinished), I always waited for her to
    announce the car was finished and it never was.
    --------------------------------------
    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

  4. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

    They all got lives, so they no longer find it important to post here. (~;

  5. Hey! I'm alive. Mostly.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

    "rorschandt" > They all got lives, so they no longer find it important to post here. (~;

  6. Bill B <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

    Bob Cardone posts to the inline skate group all the time

  7. Tim Bramble

    Tim Bramble Guest

    We've had an APB out for Bob Cardone down here on the Silver Comet Trail all spring. He seems to
    have gone to ground...

  8. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

  9. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    > Bob Cardone posts to the inline skate group all the time

    Just wait until someone posts about whether or not it's a good idea to buy a BikeE and Bob will come
    out of the "woodworks" to flame the poor soul;-)

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  10. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

    The guy in Florida is still being flamed by his buds from the home security group (usually for good
    reason), apparently he had/has some injury that kept him off the RANS for a while

  11. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    and I think Beth posted here not too long ago. The snow is probably just melting enough for her to
    get back on the bike up there in AK.

    <Chas>

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

  12. Daniel Payne

    Daniel Payne Guest

    On 16-May-2003, "Wile E.Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > . Was Cajun Girl the one with the 1980 El Camino (unfinished), I always waited for her to announce
    > the car was finished and it never was.

    Perry posts on rec.woodworking every once and a while.
    [ ahobby of mine too ] so i assume she is still working on the house.

    Daniel in Pa

  13. Jeff Cowan posted here within the past couple of weeks.

    I remember seeing his post and realizing that he was a 'voice from the past' but I can't remember
    the topic he was contributing to.

    Lewis.

    [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida that was being flamed by
    > his buds from the home security groups.

  14. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Lewis Campbell wrote:

    > Jeff Cowan posted here within the past couple of weeks.
    >
    > I remember seeing his post and realizing that he was a 'voice from the past' but I can't remember
    > the topic he was contributing to.

    His post was not picked up by either Google or news.cis.dfn.de. The most recent Usenet post
    by "BlueBiker" on Google was dated Oct. 27, 2002 and the most recent to a.r.b.r. was dated
    Aug. 10, 2001.

  15. Yeah I would have remembered the name Jeff Cowan had it shown up via Google. I didn't think anyone
    bothered using news.cis.dfn.de
    ---------------

    > Lewis Campbell wrote:
    > >
    > > Jeff Cowan posted here within the past couple of weeks.
    > >
    > > I remember seeing his post and realizing that he was a 'voice from the past' but I can't
    > > remember the topic he was contributing to.
    >
    > His post was not picked up by either Google or news.cis.dfn.de. The most recent Usenet post by
    > "BlueBiker" on Google was dated Oct. 27, 2002 and the most recent to a.r.b.r. was dated Aug.
    > 10, 2001.

  16. "Wile E.Coyote" skrev...
    > Yeah I would have remembered the name Jeff Cowan had it shown up via Google. I didn't think anyone
    > bothered using news.cis.dfn.de

    Bothered? Surely you jest? It's the best newsservice I've ever had and its free. The two ISP's I've
    had have not been able to match it or even come close and I paid/pay them small fortunes. ;-)

    M.

  17. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2003 00:24:29 -0400, "Wile E.Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I didn't think anyone bothered using news.cis.dfn.de

    Beats the crap out of ISP nntp servers bogged down with binary NGs.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  18. lotions, you cannot access naughty pics of ladies with huge jugs or invitations to make a million $
    stuffing envelopes in your spare time for a small outlay of $100.00 telling you how it is done. I
    prefer O.E. with Google because I can justify my need to keep sending off money for the latest
    updates to my various Virus Scan software suppliers and for the SPAM removers....hmmm WHAT the hell
    was I thinking when I wrote this?
    ------------------

    > "Wile E.Coyote" skrev...
    > > Yeah I would have remembered the name Jeff Cowan had it shown up via Google.
    > > didn't think anyone bothered using news.cis.dfn.de
    >
    > Bothered? Surely you jest? It's the best newsservice I've ever had and its free. The two ISP's
    > I've had have not been able to match it or even come close and I paid/pay them small fortunes. ;-)
    >
    > M.

  19. "Wile E.Coyote" skrev...

    > lotions, you cannot access naughty pics of ladies with huge jugs or invitations to make a million
    > $ stuffing envelopes in your spare time for a small outlay of $100.00 telling you how it is done.

    I get all those in my spammail. Right now there are some intriguing letters about septic tanks
    and problems with said tanks. I never open them though so not sure what I'm missing. Probably
    just a virus.

    As for byproducts of the plastic industry I think I would prefer Playboy. Easier to claim you just
    look in it to read the articles than if you subscribe to alt.binaries.pictures.hugejugs

    >hmmm WHAT the hell was I thinking when I wrote this?

    Now you're just bragging ;o)

    Bentcajungirl posted some weeks ago btw. But as Perry as far as I recall.

    M.

  20. Harv

    Harv Guest

    I haven't seen a post from Melanie (blackvelvet IIRC) in years. She once posted a very melancholy
    story to the group, and was suffering the ravages of RA. My wife suffers from a similar malady and
    my heart and good wishes go out to her Melanie.

    Jeffy was probably eaten by bears on his quest to meet up with the love of his life, Beth F. Beth
    reports that she has a new jobwith upscale dress code. She and boytoy are probably fguring out how
    to attach SPD cleats to her dressy office shoes. Using Lewis' cleats to feets made her nylons run.

    Limey Lou comes out of the woodwork every so often (on this thread).

    Freewheeling is doing a post doc on the metaphysics of calculating chain link counts.Now that he's
    finished rowing across his livingroom he's cleaning the cobwebs off the V-REX. Cletus is low flying
    around Texas. Tom Sherman finished grad school, got a job and and is investing in esoterically
    beautiful collectors quality bents from defunct builders, and still teaches us miscreants the
    correct way to spell rans, oops, RANS.

    Was Brian the guy that the AirForce shipped off to Korea with his Niels Palm Wind? Anyone know what
    he's been up to?