What fork is on Armstrong's bike?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael Gacki, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Watched OLN last night and saw highlights of the Amstel Gold Race. It just showed Lance a few times
    but there seems to be a wide bladed fork on his Trek. It seemed pretty obvious that the fork was
    very much after market as there were no decals, stickers, or other identifying marks, just straight
    bladed wide areo carbon. Anyone know what this is?

    Tags:

  2. Fastrack

    Fastrack Guest

    On 25 Apr 2003 06:26:46 -0700, [email protected] (Michael Gacki) wrote:

    >Watched OLN last night and saw highlights of the Amstel Gold Race. It just showed Lance a few times
    >but there seems to be a wide bladed fork on his Trek. It seemed pretty obvious that the fork was
    >very much after market as there were no decals, stickers, or other identifying marks, just straight
    >bladed wide areo carbon. Anyone know what this is?

    It is the latest Bontrager- Trek fork.... Slightly lighter than 2002 version.

    Dave Lettieri

    www.fastrackbicycles.com

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    [email protected] (Michael Gacki) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Watched OLN last night and saw highlights of the Amstel Gold Race. It just showed Lance a few
    > times but there seems to be a wide bladed fork on his Trek. It seemed pretty obvious that the fork
    > was very much after market as there were no decals, stickers, or other identifying marks, just
    > straight bladed wide areo carbon. Anyone know what this is?

    If he was riding his 5900, that fork is from the Klein Quantum Pro. He is also reported to be
    testing a semi-sloping (top tube drops 2 or 3 cm by the time it reaches the seat tube) frameset, so
    perhaps it has a new fork too. I have no doubts it is from a Trek brand.