What Glue For Helmet And ....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tas38, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Tas38

    Tas38 Guest

    Hi Everyone !!

    It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a Schwinn
    Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll get hurt. I
    want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet epoxy for it.

    Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I stopped.
    How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

    Thanks For Any Help !! tas38

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.

    > Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I stopped.
    > How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

    your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
    sitting around?

    Penny

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > tas38 wrote:
    > > Hi Everyone !!
    > >
    > > It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a
    > > Schwinn Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll
    > > get hurt. I want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet
    > > epoxy for it.
    >
    > http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
    >

    > > Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I
    > > stopped. How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing
    > > it ???
    >
    > your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
    > sitting around?
    >
    > Penny

    Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money over
    the years!
    --
    Slacker

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    >> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
    >>

    > Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money over
    > the years!

    I was just turned onto that one not too long ago. I use glue more than you would think: polyurethan
    to nylon; etc. 3M makde good stuff.

    penny

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Slacker wrote:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
    > >>

    > > Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money
    > > over the years!
    >
    > I was just turned onto that one not too long ago. I use glue more than you would think:
    > polyurethan to nylon; etc. 3M makde good stuff.
    >
    > penny

    Yeah, I didn't even know I had (3M 77) stuff that I could've used more often than I thought.
    --
    Slacker

  6. Tas38

    Tas38 Guest

    I was just sitting around most of the time, and no riding at all I live in PA. Thanks for the site
    very good one, I book marked it so I don't lose it.

    tas38

    "Penny S." wrote:

    > tas38 wrote:
    > > Hi Everyone !!
    > >
    > > It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a
    > > Schwinn Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll
    > > get hurt. I want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet
    > > epoxy for it.
    >
    > http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
    >

    > > Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I
    > > stopped. How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing
    > > it ???
    >
    > your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
    > sitting around?
    >
    > Penny

  7. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    > How hard will it be to get use to it again,
    > after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

    Speaking from personal experience...

    Your butt will get sore faster. When winter hit, I was doing 3-hour rides with no adverse effects.
    Now I'm moderately sore after an hour and three-quarters.

    Your endurance and strength will be less. I'm not pushing it....just trying to ride as often as work
    permits and waiting for the miles to add up.

    I went thru the whole winter thinking "This is just an anomaly. I rode all through last winter.
    It'll warm up in a couple days. No sense inflicting the StairMaster on myself..."

    I won't do *that* again...
    PeteCresswell

  8. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:15:39 -0800, tas38 <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi Everyone !!
    >
    >It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet.

    Tas, glad to see you've gotten a little wiser this year.....For next year get a better helmet.

    :-]