What Glue For Helmet And ....

Tas38

Guest
Hi Everyone !!

It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a Schwinn
Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll get hurt. I
want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet epoxy for it.

Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I stopped.
How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

Thanks For Any Help !! tas38

http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.

> Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I stopped.
> How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
sitting around?

Penny

> tas38 wrote:
> > Hi Everyone !!
> >
> > It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a
> > Schwinn Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll
> > get hurt. I want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet
> > epoxy for it.
>
> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
>

> > Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I
> > stopped. How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing
> > it ???
>
> your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
> sitting around?
>
> Penny

Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money over
the years!
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:

>> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
>>

> Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money over
> the years!

I was just turned onto that one not too long ago. I use glue more than you would think: polyurethan
to nylon; etc. 3M makde good stuff.

penny

> Slacker wrote:
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
> >>

> > Dang Penny....you don't know how many times I could've used that website and saved some money
> > over the years!
>
> I was just turned onto that one not too long ago. I use glue more than you would think:
> polyurethan to nylon; etc. 3M makde good stuff.
>
> penny

Yeah, I didn't even know I had (3M 77) stuff that I could've used more often than I thought.
--
Slacker

I was just sitting around most of the time, and no riding at all I live in PA. Thanks for the site
very good one, I book marked it so I don't lose it.

tas38

"Penny S." wrote:

> tas38 wrote:
> > Hi Everyone !!
> >
> > It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet. Well I just got a
> > Schwinn Thrasher helmet from walmart, after my 6 year old told me I better wear one, or I'll
> > get hurt. I want to glue the visor and padding on better, can I use any glue or better yet
> > epoxy for it.
>
> http://www.thistothat.com/ try this site for gluing, you handy-guys will love it.
>

> > Also I just starting riding last year, only just got use to riding when winter hit and I
> > stopped. How hard will it be to get use to it again, after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing
> > it ???
>
> your muscles will be tired and your butt will be sore. Did you work out at all or have you been
> sitting around?
>
> Penny

RE/
> How hard will it be to get use to it again,
> after setting 3 to 3 1/2 mo of not doing it ???

Speaking from personal experience...

Your butt will get sore faster. When winter hit, I was doing 3-hour rides with no adverse effects.
Now I'm moderately sore after an hour and three-quarters.

Your endurance and strength will be less. I'm not pushing it....just trying to ride as often as work
permits and waiting for the miles to add up.

I went thru the whole winter thinking "This is just an anomaly. I rode all through last winter.
It'll warm up in a couple days. No sense inflicting the StairMaster on myself..."

I won't do *that* again...
PeteCresswell

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:15:39 -0800, tas38 <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Everyone !!
>
>It time to start riding bike again, all last year I didn't wear a helmet.

Tas, glad to see you've gotten a little wiser this year.....For next year get a better helmet.

:-]