Cycling Training · Public discussion

What goal should I set for myself?

Started by loket · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,116 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
7 June 2010
Last activity
8 June 2010
Original author
loket
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,116
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been riding for about 2months so far this season, covered 1000km and achieved an average speed of 33km/h (20,5mph), but I feel this is perhaps mediocre. I should be doing better. Given that I am a slender, 19yrs old, on an expensive bike, what realistic goal could I set for myself?

  2. What goal would you like? Do you like hilly races out in the countryside, town center crits, time trials or are you more into long events and want to do ultra endurance rides? We can't give you something to aim for unless we know what you like.

    As long as everything works on the bike, the expense or lack of weight isn't that important. A 150lb guy on a 15lb bike gives a 165lb total - 3lbs more on the bike is only 2% more. Not enough to worry about really. There are more important considerations depending on what you'd like to do.

  3. loket said:

    I've been riding for about 2months so far this season, covered 1000km and achieved an average speed of 33km/h (20,5mph), but I feel this is perhaps mediocre. I should be doing better. Given that I am a slender, 19yrs old, on an expensive bike, what realistic goal could I set for myself?

    It doesn't sound like you are into racing (yet), but you do want to get faster. Do you do many group rides? You can set a goal of hanging with the fast group ride (or hanging on for longer this week than last week). See how that goes, and then modify your goals as you see fit.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.