What GPS?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Michael Brockhu, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Thanks to all of you following your incredibly helpful replies. Following your advice I'm tempted to
    buy the Garmin GPS76 or 76S unit but have concerns about the battery life. They look better and you
    lot seem to prefer them to Magellan.

    Is my choice ok in your view?

    --
    Web Site: www.walkingenglishman.com

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:22:01 -0000, "Michael Brockhurst"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks to all of you following your incredibly helpful replies. Following your advice I'm tempted
    >to buy the Garmin GPS76 or 76S unit but have concerns about the battery life. They look better and
    >you lot seem to prefer them to Magellan.
    >
    >Is my choice ok in your view?

    Since you're asking: I have a Magellan SporTrak Pro (better for hiking) and Magellan Meridian Color
    (better for in-car and trekking). External battery pack ensures that power is never an issue.

    Mark

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi,
    The new Garmin GPSMAP 60C is excellent and has a battery life of around 30
    hrs.
    "Michael Brockhurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks to all of you following your incredibly helpful replies. Following your advice I'm tempted
    > to buy the Garmin GPS76 or 76S unit but have concerns about the battery life. They look better and
    > you lot seem to
    prefer