What happened next :) (Was Dahon folding bike)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Fox, May 4, 2003.

  1. Peter Fox

    Peter Fox Guest

    The hero, Audax, is on a quest to find the fabled flying Paving Slab of Shimano. But he has to cross
    the web site of Seateecee which is in permanent darkness lit only by the awful flash of graphics.
    Wafflycat the wizard has given him a pair of magic bib shorts but warned him never to use them.
    (Typical bloody wizards - "Here's a fiver - nip down to the shops but whatever you do DON'T SPEND
    IT!") After days questing across the plains of Sustrans he meets the Recumbents who very few people
    in the real world have heard about. Nobody much minds these short folk (only put in for comic
    effect) although they have world-conquering ambitions. Audax arrives at the homely teashop of
    Cannondale where the fair lady Headset warns him about the horrible Halford that lurks in the
    velodrome of doom. "Alloyframe myravan, Cateye brooks inwegen" she chants whilst wondering how to
    get him to buy a souvenir tea towel from Ye Old Gift Shoppe.

    --
    PETER FOX Not the same since the poster business went to the wall

    Tags:

  2. >The hero, Audax, is on a quest to find the fabled flying Paving Slab of Shimano.

    epic snippage...

    > "Alloyframe myravan, Cateye brooks inwegen" she chants whilst wondering how to get him to buy a
    > souvenir tea towel from Ye Old Gift Shoppe.

    I'll have a pint of whatever it is you're on, Peter, it seems to make the world a more
    exciting place ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Peter Fox

    Peter Fox Guest

    >I'll have a pint of whatever it is you're on, Peter, it seems to make the world a more exciting
    >place ;-)
    Pucks Folly. 4.2% Golden beer - Extremly moorish from Nigel Farmer's

    --
    PETER FOX Not the same since the icecream business was liquidated

  4. >Pucks Folly. 4.2% Golden beer - Extremly moorish from Nigel Farmer's

    I shall have to try some!

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 5 May 2003 09:13:18 +0100, Peter Fox <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Pucks Folly

    Bad news for Rev. Spooners parrot, then...

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. Simon Hay

    Simon Hay Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    >>Pucks Folly
    > Bad news for Rev. Spooners parrot, then...

    Hehe... Good one :)

    Simon

  7. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Mon, 05 May 2003 21:29:26 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 5 May 2003 09:13:18 +0100, Peter Fox <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Pucks Folly
    >
    >Bad news for Rev. Spooners parrot, then...

    Thread merge alert:

    On the way home from the Isle of Wight Randonnee, my friends and I undertook fluid replacement
    therapy in the shape of Ducks Folly, brewed on the IOW. The owner of the brewery used to be an
    insurance underwriter, does anagrams and does not like his former employer.

    Tim

  8. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > On the way home from the Isle of Wight Randonnee, my friends and I undertook fluid replacement
    > therapy in the shape of Ducks Folly, brewed on the IOW. The owner of the brewery used to be an
    > insurance underwriter, does anagrams and does not like his former employer.

    Presuably he doesn't bank at the sign of the black horse either? :)

    --
    Dave...

  9. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On 04 May 2003 21:52:04 GMT someone who may be [email protected]
    (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote this:-

    >I'll have a pint of whatever it is you're on, Peter, it seems to make the >world a more exciting
    >place ;-)

    I suspect that a pint would be fatal:) Perhaps a few tablets or a syringe full:)