What happened to Cheap Deals???

K50

Oct 7, 2005
Man, is it just me, or are 'DEALS!!!'getting f***ing ridiculous...at Pricepoint.com, there are some items now where you only save $10 of the MSRP. I came to pricepoint.com because price was the point...Ten bucks is ****. I can get a better deal than that at at least 2 of my local stores. Even Ebay is getting really stingy. Items like CDs are almost at full price now for new ones. What happened to getting a steal??? Then on top of all of that, you have to add Shipping fees.
Has anyone else seen a trend like this?

As a student, I don't have mucho money, and I really hate paying a lot for stuff. I rarely buy things at full price because it's just too damn expensive.
If you do know of any places online where you can find parts for really low prices, post them here!

pricepoint.com is pretty good for some items, but others are near full price, as with some other bike sites that I've seen.

Well that's it for my rant..
Kev

K50 said:
Man, is it just me, or are 'DEALS!!!'getting f***ing ridiculous...at Pricepoint.com, there are some items now where you only save $10 of the MSRP. I came to pricepoint.com because price was the point...Ten bucks is ****. I can get a better deal than that at at least 2 of my local stores. Even Ebay is getting really stingy. Items like CDs are almost at full price now for new ones. What happened to getting a steal??? Then on top of all of that, you have to add Shipping fees.
Has anyone else seen a trend like this?

As a student, I don't have mucho money, and I really hate paying a lot for stuff. I rarely buy things at full price because it's just too damn expensive.
If you do know of any places online where you can find parts for really low prices, post them here!

pricepoint.com is pretty good for some items, but others are near full price, as with some other bike sites that I've seen.

Well that's it for my rant..
Kev

Personally, in the last 2-3 years, I've relied heavily on Ebay(there are deals.. you just have to be persistant week after week... dont give up, its like tackling that monster mountain ride ;) My mountain bike is about 2/3 bought on Ebay... and is considered the "Ebay bike" locally... and I am proud of that considering if I would have bought it retail 100% new, it would have seriously set me back :eek:

Also, www.performancebike.com ......... they do have good deals on tires, quality wire beaded road tires for $10 ea. ... or so , as well as other good deals.

Adam-from-SLO said:
Personally, in the last 2-3 years, I've relied heavily on Ebay(there are deals.. you just have to be persistant week after week... dont give up, its like tackling that monster mountain ride ;) My mountain bike is about 2/3 bought on Ebay... and is considered the "Ebay bike" locally... and I am proud of that considering if I would have bought it retail 100% new, it would have seriously set me back :eek:

Also, www.performancebike.com ......... they do have good deals on tires, quality wire beaded road tires for $10 ea. ... or so , as well as other good deals.
Thanks man that's good to hear.
Hopefully we'll get a few more good stories on here.

Noticed the online deals are dependant on the weather/season and the financial year timing. Just have to be patient and wait for the sales to come along, they will, then stock up, buyers prepared to walk away or wait tend to get the best deals. Of course if the repair is urgent then getting mobile takes precedence over waiting for the best deal. 2c