What happened to Museeuw?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Boyd Speerschne, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Did he puncture on the pave, crash, or just not have it?

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

  3. Ctrdy01

    Ctrdy01 Guest

    Just one of those days that would have most saying "should've stayed in bed". Simply not a good
    day for him.

    Van Petegem however is looking mighty impressive in the classics. Showed everyone what wearing a
    World Champ. jersey is all about!!!

    Congrats to Ekimov as well. At 37, quite a nice showing.

    - Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
    Marathons, etc...)

  4. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (CTRDY01) wrote:

    >Van Petegem however is looking mighty impressive in the classics. Showed everyone what wearing a
    >World Champ. jersey is all about!!!

    ????? What World Champ jersey are you talking about?

  5. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Did he puncture on the pave, crash, or just not have it?

    After the race he said he was only 95%, which in not enough in Paris-Roubaix. Of course, the
    puncture didn't help either. He said he only continued because he would anyhow finish what according
    to him is his last P-R.

    Benjo Maso

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote:

    > [email protected] (CTRDY01) wrote:
    >
    > >Van Petegem however is looking mighty impressive in the classics. Showed everyone what wearing a
    > >World Champ. jersey is all about!!!
    >
    > ????? What World Champ jersey are you talking about?

    I think he meant World Cup.

  7. Me

    Me Guest

    I think he meant World Cup leaders jersay.

  8. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Are we Belgians so hooked on those "i am XX percent" statements? Museeuw later precised it was 97% !
    LOL I don't hear other folks do that. But all Belgian riders and journalists can talk hours like
    this. "I am 85% , but next month..." etc.

    Also in the sense "I do this TT at 80%". I guess all you overeducated wealthy wannabe people think
    they are refering to HR , tresholds or whatever, but nope, its that same subjective appreciation.

  9. On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:10:02 +0100, benjo maso wrote:
    >He said he only continued because he would anyhow finish what according to him is his last P-R.

    Actually he weaseled out of it *again*, somehow. He said he would definitely want to finish in his
    last P-R. Note how he did not say that this was indeed his last P-R... He implied it ofcourse. The
    only evidence I accept of Museeuw having done his last P-R is when he is not on the starting line of
    the next edition.

  10. "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:10:02 +0100, benjo maso wrote:
    > >He said he only continued because he would anyhow finish what according to him is his last P-R.
    >
    > Actually he weaseled out of it *again*, somehow. He said he would definitely want to finish in his
    > last P-R. Note how he did not say that this was indeed his last P-R... He implied it ofcourse. The
    > only evidence I accept of Museeuw having done his last P-R is when he is not on the starting line
    > of the next edition.

    I doubt he'll quit until he feels like he can't win anymore.

  11. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are we Belgians so hooked on those "i am XX percent" statements? Museeuw later precised it was 97%
    > ! LOL I don't hear other folks do that. But all Belgian riders and journalists
    can
    > talk hours like this. "I am 85% , but next month..." etc.

    It depends which paper you read :) he said in HNB that last year he was at 200% condition-wise and
    had 100% good luck. This year he was at 100% condition and had 200% bad luck (well, he did have four
    punctures). There's a lot of percentages being bandied around there, which makes them all pretty
    meaningless.

    I get it - last year there was a Museeuw clone waiting after Arenberg, and they cunningly swapped
    him while doing a bike change. The mud helped of course. This year, he tried puncturing with 75 km
    to go but all the TV cameras were on him so Lefevere couldn't play the "Museeuw clone" card.
    Otherwise, we would have had a 200% Museeuw.

    Jeff

  12. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Bart wrote:

    > Also in the sense "I do this TT at 80%". I guess all you overeducated wealthy wannabe people think
    > they are refering to HR , tresholds or whatever, but nope, its that same subjective appreciation.

    Which, of course, is your best indicator of performance.

  13. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    > I get it - last year there was a Museeuw clone waiting after Arenberg, and they cunningly swapped
    > him while doing a bike change. The mud helped of course. This year, he tried puncturing with 75 km
    > to go but all the TV cameras were on him so Lefevere couldn't play the "Museeuw clone" card.
    > Otherwise, we would have had a 200% Museeuw.
    >
    > Jeff

    Humorous reply: I think that makes Museeuw a sheep or maybe "only" a horse as recent studies show
    that primates cannot be cloned.

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

  14. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Humorous reply: I think that makes Museeuw a sheep or maybe "only" a horse as recent studies show
    > that primates cannot be cloned.

    He's definitely a horse...

    Jeff

  15. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    xzzy wrote:

    > Humorous reply: I think that makes Museeuw a sheep or maybe "only" a horse as recent studies show
    > that primates cannot be cloned.

    Wait'll I tell the Raelians!